10 Reasons Kickboxing Is TheWorkout Taking Over The World

The fitness regimen that has taken the workout world by storm.

330
Popsugar

Working out has never been easy for me. I have always either been too unmotivated, or I could never find my "groove."

Until a few weeks ago this was my attitude when one of my friends talked me into going to 9 Round with her for kickboxing. She told me it was a great way to work out, and I had heard good things, so I figured I should at least give it a try. Plus, the first class is free, and for a broke college student that is always a plus.

Since then, I have fallen in love with the workout, and I actually look forward to working out, which is something I thought would never happen.

9Round has taken my campus by storm, and every time I go, I see someone new trying it out for the first time. Kickboxing is great for so many reasons. It has taken the workout world by storm, and many celebrities and athletes swear by heart-pounding workout.

1. It teaches you essential self-defense techniques.

When you take a kickboxing class, they actually take the time to teach you the proper techniques for how to punch and kick without injuring yourself. It is also like you are in a self-defense class without even realizing it, and while getting in shape.

A win-win for everyone.

2. It's great for mental health.

Kickboxing teaches you how to channel your energy into all of the right things. It is a great way to get out stress, frustration and anger by punching or kicking it out of your system.

3. It helps you lose weight and gain muscle.

Kickboxing is an excellent High Interval Intensity, or HIIT, workout that works every part of your body. I have never left a workout being so sore I couldn't move for three days ... and I am impressively out of shape. It works so many muscles that you feel you are getting your time and money's worth.

4. It is quick and fun.

Workouts are only 30 minutes long at 9Round. This is the same for most kickboxing classes at your local gym. You can get in and out between classes all while still being able to get all of your other work done. It is a perfect workout for busy college students.

It makes working out feel less like a chore and it makes it so much more enjoyable.

5. It is never the same workout, and never boring.

Every time you walk in to 9Round, their workouts are different. I have never done the same workout twice.

I enjoy this aspect of kickboxing because I feel like I am getting a lot done, but it is still new and exciting four weeks down the road.

6. The Victoria Secret Angels do it.

This reason is self-explanatory. You know that if the fittest women in the world are doing it, it must be worth trying. These women model swimsuits and underwear for a living, so why wouldn't you want to follow their workout regimen?

I mean who wouldn't love to look like Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner, Sara Sampaio, or Martha Hunt. I wouldn't mind at all.

7. You can do it with friends.

I have always hated working out because I have always felt like I had to do it by myself. I don't know that many people who can successfully run on a treadmill and have a full conversation at the same time. I love hanging out with my friends, so why not make working out a social activity?

At 9Round specifically, friends can do each station with you, and it helps to motivate you during each step.

8. It gives you a reason to put your "athleisure" wear to use.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F02%2F12%2F635908504495315865-912656003_pant%2520wall%25202%2520%281%29.jpg&ho=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com&s=323&h=8ee09529407ca761b0ff3fa06c90511bfde2919394a5a4ec5806b3765a76307b&size=980x&c=1682340389 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F02%252F12%252F635908504495315865-912656003_pant%252520wall%2525202%252520%25281%2529.jpg%26ho%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com%26s%3D323%26h%3D8ee09529407ca761b0ff3fa06c90511bfde2919394a5a4ec5806b3765a76307b%26size%3D980x%26c%3D1682340389%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]

"Athleisure" wear are those clothes that you wear to run errands to look like you just went to the gym, but you actually didn't. Well this gives you a fun new way to look like you went to the gym because you actually did ... and enjoyed it.

Just be careful, you will be so worn out and honestly quite sweaty that you might not be able to run errands right afterward. But it will be worth it for the workout endorphins.

9. It allows you to channel aggression in a positive way.

Let's face it, even though you might not be a naturally aggressive person, it still could feel nice to punch something after a long, stressful day in class. This includes when you get in a fight with your friend or boyfriend, just pretend their face is where you are punching.

10. You feel like a total bad a**.

Not only does kickboxing at 9Round kick your butt as a workout, but you will feel like a total kick a** doing it ... pun definitely intended. Who wouldn't want to feel like that?