10 Reasons Why Fall Is Inarguably The Best Season

Fall has the best weather, the best sports, and the best holidays, which makes it the best season by far.

23
autumn leaves

Fall is probably far and wide one of the most loved seasons. The weather isn't too hot or cold, the leaves are gorgeous, and all of the holiday festivities make it that much more enjoyable. However, for some reason there are still people out there who think that other seasons are somehow better than fall. I, however, am here to prove them wrong. There is no season that is better than fall, and here are 10 reasons why.

1. On a traditional fall day, the weather is perfect.

When fall really gets into swing, the weather is magnificent. It's still warm enough that you aren't freezing to death the minute you step outside, but cool enough that you don't break into a sweat walking from your car to your apartment either.

2. Fall fashion is the best fashion. 

Because fall weather is so cooperative, it makes fall fashion that much better too. You can wear a sweater or a t-shirt and be comfortable either way, and adding a cardigan to a simple outfit makes it look like you put in effort to look cute.

3. Fall = football season.

wikimedia

If you live in the south like me, you're probably a big football fan, and you know that fall means football and tailgates, which are always a good time.

4. The holiday season kicks off in fall.

Halloween and Thanksgiving are two of my favorite holidays, and they both happen during fall. They're also two of the biggest holidays all year every year, so the fact that they both happen during fall gives it even more of an upper hand to other seasons.

5. All of your favorite seasonal foods come back in fall.

flickr

Whether you're a huge fan of the Starbucks seasonal menu like I am (pumpkin spice lattes ftw) or you love more traditional fall foods like chili and warm soup, it's basically a fact that fall food is just better.

6. All of the best zodiac signs belong to people born during fall. 

Libras, Scorpios, and Sagitarriuses all have birthdays in the fall, and they are also some of the best zodiac signs. Libras are known for their cooperative, gentle natures; Scorpios are naturally brave and passionate (and they get bonus points because I am a Scorpio) and Sagitarriuses are more often than not funny and generous.

7. There are so many funny things to do during the fall. 

Pumpkin patches, apple picking, haunted houses, and bonfires are all activities that are traditionally done in the fall, and they are just a small part of what gives fall its charm.

8. The leaves change colors in fall.

One of my absolute favorite things about fall is seeing the leaves change from green to red, yellow, and orange. It makes long road trips through the country that much more peaceful, and it makes for super cute fall photoshoots as well.

9. You're that much closer to Christmas!

Even though Christmas Day takes place a couple of days after fall has ended, most of the festivities still take place during meteorological fall, and some stores even start putting out Christmas decorations at the beginning of fall to get people excited for the holiday season.

10. Fall is a period of transition in nature, and it can inspire that same kind of transition in your life. 

As we all know, in fall the leaves change color and literally fall from the trees as a period of transition from summer to winter. Fall is also the perfect time for you to make necessary changes in your life, whether it be changing your habits, changing your relationship status, or just changing your outlook on life.

Overall, it seems pretty clear that fall is by far the best season. Not only is it the most aesthetically pleasing, but it's the most fun and exciting time of year.