10 Reasons To Call Your Mom In College

10 Reasons To Call Your Mom In College

There are a million reasons to call your mom, but here are just ten of them.

279
10 Reasons To Call Your Mom In College
Small Hands, Big Art

1. When something exciting happens.

Your mom is always your biggest cheerleader; she will be more excited about a success for you than anyone else will. You got hired for an internship, you got an A on your paper, your intramural team won the game, or anything in between. No one will be more excited than she will.

2. When you don’t know how to be an adult.

You’re not sure how to file a tax return or you have to sign a lease on an apartment. You don’t know how to do anything grown up because mom always was there to do it for you, so you need to call her even if it is something minor like how much is a normal amount of money to spend on a mixing bowl.

3. When you don’t know what to cook.

Or you don’t know how to cook. Mom made your meals for 18 years and you definitely took that for granted. You’re not sure how long to bake potatoes or how much salt is too much when you spill it into the pot. She tells you what meals are easy to make and what you need to buy at the store. You will probably end up calling her to tell her that the food just doesn’t taste the same when she doesn’t make it.

4. When you’re homesick.

Sometimes you just miss everything about home. You won’t feel it for weeks and then all the sudden you will remember your dog and nearly start crying. You need to call mom immediately to get whatever home comfort you can find from miles away. She will even tell you how cute your dog is being and let you talk to them on the phone to see if they recognize you voice.

5. When you meet a new boy.

She’s the person you need to talk through a new fling with. Why you like him, why you don’t, if he was kind of weird on your last date. She will give you the objective and experienced dating advice that you don’t always want to hear but probably should.

6. When a boy breaks your heart.

You may not feel comfortable crying in front of many people, but mom is definitely one of them. She will listen and tell you the boy is dumb for being mean to you. She will always be on your side in a breakup and will somehow find a way to make you laugh by the end of the conversation.

7. When you’re bored on your walk home.

When you’re walking home from class, you may as well call your mom. Ask her how her life is going too, talk about the extended family, her job, and her friends. It is better than staring out into space, thinking about nothing.

8. When you’re overwhelmed.

Sometimes you have so much going on that you just don’t know how to get it all done. You’ve got exams, friends, clubs, and work and they’re all pulling you in a million directions. Mom will tell you what you need to prioritize and tell you that you don’t need to get this worked up, it’s just college.

9. When you realize you haven’t called in a long time.

It’s easy to get caught up in life and forget about your life at home. It’s important to call and catch up because your mom misses you. She doesn’t want to bother you all the time, so she’s always hoping you call her first. You don’t need a reason, just call and ask how everything has been going without you there.

10. When you want to come home.

You’ve got to call you mom to make plans for the next time you get to see her. Plan when she is coming to pick you up for break and what you’ll do while your home. You find yourself getting excited to see your mom and you know that your time with her will be great.