10 Quotes That Will Change Your Perspective On Life

I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friends

340
Melanie Tunaitis

As humans, we tend to fill our mind with negativity especially when life gets rocky. We tend to think too much about the concepts of life and create more problems for ourselves when in reality life is fairly easy if you play by your own rules. Positivity is key to a happy and healthy life. Here are some quotes that will hopefully bring you out of a rut and help you think more positive about life as a whole.

1. Your value doesn't decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth.

If someone belittles you or makes you feel unworthy, that says a lot more about them than it does about you. Usually when somebody is hurting or at war with themselves, they attack other people. We also find that complete strangers can comment on our lifestyles as if they knew us our entire lives. You are not the opinion of somebody who doesn't know you. What matters most is how you perceive yourself.

2. This too shall pass.

This quote is one of my favorites. Whenever I hit a rough patch, my grandma always repeats this line to me. No matter how bad your situation is, it will eventually become your past. When you're going through a rough patch, always remember that good times are in the distance, no matter how near or far that is. You have to face your fears head on and hope for the best. Tell yourself you can and will make it through.

3. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.

Don't live every day the same way and call it a life. When we fill life with new adventures, people and experiences we give it incredible meaning. If work or school keeps you from going on adventures, go somewhere new in your town such as a new coffee shop, park, etc. Changing daily routines is a scary, but rewarding thing to do now and then. If we don't give life meaning it becomes hard to live every day life. Be adventurous and take risks.

4. To heal a wound you need to stop touching it.

I'm not talking about a wound you have on your body from when you ran into the couch (but you could imply this to that too), I'm talking about past experiences when you made mistakes or when your significant other left you for somebody else. The past is called the past for a reason. It's over with. We cannot change anything from it, but we can learn a great deal from our experiences. You need to learn from the past, not re-visit old memories every day. You need to learn to grow. That's the only way to heal.

5. The biggest mistake I have made in my life is letting people stay in my life far longer than they deserve.

We've all been there. We let somebody stay in our lives way longer than they deserved to. We've been used, lied to, cheated and disrespected by these people. Sometimes we have to unfollow people in real life. If you have somebody in your life who brings you down and treats you like dirt, you need to let them go. Sometimes we outgrow people and that's okay. Surround yourself with people who help, appreciate, love and inspire you. We are who we surround ourselves with.

6. Do all things with kindness.

You never know what's going on in another person's head. We are all fighting battles that another person knows nothing about. Being kind to other people not only brightens their day, but ours as well. It's hard not to act spiteful towards a person who treats you poorly, but kindness is always the answer. Be the bigger person and treat everyone with respect. Being kind never goes out of style.

7. Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.

Doing good things and expecting to be repaid is not how you should live your life. When you volunteer, you should throw your entire heart and soul into it. You get repaid by seeing how happy you make other people. That is rewarding in so many ways.

8. The best part about life? Every morning you have a new opportunity to become a happier version of yourself.

Every morning we get a fresh start. We, under no circumstances, have to be the same person we were yesterday, We can change our lives in just one day. All you need to do is wake up and envision who you want be and what you want to accomplish.

9. The fact that you aren't where you want to be, should be enough motivation.

There is always room to improve ourselves. Don't beat yourself for being human. Take one day at a time and eventually you'll reach your goal. It may take awhile, but the view from the top will be worth it.

10. The purpose of this glorious life is not simply to endure it, but to soar, stumble and flourish as you learn to fall in love with existence. We were born to live my dear not to merely exist.

Life is a beautiful journey. No matter how bad your stumbles and falls are, you must get back up and conquer. You can't be afraid to make mistakes. Making mistakes means you are learning. You were put on this earth for a reason. You have the capability to change another person's life. We can choose to be lessened by what happened to us, or we can use our experiences to better ourselves and others around us. I hope you realize what you are capable of and you always choose the path that helps you grow and flourish. Don't let people walk all over you; stand up for yourself, make plenty of mistakes, help people, but most importantly remember to laugh and enjoy the roller coaster that is life.