These 10 Cocktails Made Quarantine With My Fam More Fun

These 10 Homemade Cocktail Recipes Made Quarantine More Fun

Staying at home has inspired me to make new cocktails or cocktails I love getting at restaurants!

424
Lauren Hernandez

Since California has been on lockdown for all of COVID-19, my family and I have been practicing social distancing. Staying inside all day and night can make you stir crazy though. We are constantly looking for new things to do or try. We started making fancy and simple cocktails we wanted to try, create, or were craving!

Here is 10 go-to cocktails for you and your family:

Love Potion Cocktail

Lauren Hernandez

First, we have Love Potion cocktails. Love Potion is a simple drink for all of those who want a spin on a cranberry vodka. The ingredients you will need are your choice of Cherry Juice, Cranberry Juice, etc. We used CranCherry from Ocean Spray. You will also need limes, sugar, ice, vodka, and Peach Schnapps. You can also buy other fruits for garnish.

Recipe:

1/3 Vodka

1/4 Peach Schnapps

1 Cup CranCherry

Directions:

Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake for one minute. Sugar your rims and cut limes for garnish. Pour your drink, and you're all ready to go.

Sex on the Beach Cocktail

Lauren Hernandez

The Sex on the Beach cocktail is another drink that takes less time but has a spectacular taste! The ingredients you'll need are ice, vodka, Peach Schnapps, orange juice, and cranberry juice.

Recipe:

1 and 1/2 oz. Vodka

1 oz. Peach Schnapps

2 oz. orange juice

2 oz. cranberry juice

Directions:

Fill your cup with ice then add vodka, Peach Schnapps, and orange juice in that order. Top it off with cranberry juice to great the sunset looking drink!

Strawberry Margarita

Tres Agaves

Tres Agaves Organic Strawberry Margarita Mix has become a saving grace at my household. We discovered this organic mix just by buying a ton of random mixes. It is the perfect amount of sweet and will be loved by those who like a more unsweetened taste. You can follow the recipe of the back of the bottle for a perfect marg or add extra ingredients.

Here is what we do:

Recipe:

Ice

2 to 3 cups of marg mix

3 oz. of Peach Schnapps

As much Agave syrup as wanted

1 cup tequila

Directions:

Fill your blender with ice! We like them icey with a little liquid; to achieve this you'll need a lot of ice. Next, we add a cup of tequila and 2-3 cups of the mix. After that, we add Peach Schnapps for an extra bit of sweetness along with 2 squirts of agave nectar. Once you blend, you'll have the perfect margarita for a hot day!

Lime Margarita

Lime margaritas are a go-to, but we've been adding an extra kick to ours. Here are the ingredients you'll need: tequila, Jose Cuervo Lime Margarita Mix, MIDORI, ice, salt, lime and fresh lime juice.

Recipe:

Half a cup of MIDORI

1 cup tequila

2 cups marg mix

1 cup lime juice

Directions:

Add a good amount of ice for a slushy effect. Add your tequila, marg mix, fresh lime juice and MIDORI. Once you blend, make sure to salt the rim and add lime for garnish.

Mango Margarita

Lauren Hernandez

Our mango margaritas might be my favorite on this list! For a more puree styled margarita, this is definitely a fan favorite.

Recipe:

2 cups of Frozen Mango Chunks

Ice

3 oz. Tequila

1 oz. orange triple sec

2 limes juice

2 tablespoons of agave nectar

Tajin

Directions:

Add your tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and agave into the blender with some ice and frozen mangos. While you let it puree, put tajin around the rims and add lime for garnish!

Blackberry Margarita

Lauren Hernandez

Blackberry margaritas are one of the best and also one of the most picturesque.

You will need:

2 cups Frozen Blackberries

1/4 cup Agave or Honey

1/2 cup Tequila

1/4 cup Orange Liqueur

3 tablespoons Lime Juice

2 cups Ice

Sugar

Fresh Blackberries for garnish

Directions:

Add frozen blackberries, agave, tequila, lime juice, orange liquor, and ice to your blender. While the drink is blending, sugar your rims and roll a couple of fresh blackberries in sugar for garnish.

Rum and Pineapple Juice

Rum and Pineapple Juice is a pretty easy drink to make. All you will need is canned Dole pineapple juice, ice, cranberry juice, and flavored rum.

Make sure to add the whole can of pineapple juice, and as much cranberry juice and rum as desired for a more spiked version of the drink!

Mike's Hard

Mike's Hard

Mike's Hard Lemonade or Mike's Hard are two staple drinks for the summer. They are easy to buy and taste amazing over ice. You can even incorporate these mixed drinks into some of your homemade cocktails. Mike's come in limited edition flavors like peach and pineapple but also come in party packs!

White Claw

Heb

White Claws don't have a recipe as you can buy them at your local grocery store, but they are a go-to for your household. The spiked sparkling water comes in many different flavors and is low in calorie. It is perfect for a hot day by the pool.

Moscow Mule

A Moscow Mule is a traditional bar drink that requires the cup, so make sure to get some copper cups before making this drink!

Recipe:

Copper Cup

Lime and Mint for Garnish

1 ½ oz. Vodka

½ oz. Lime Juice

½ cup Ginger Beer

Ice

Directions:

Muddle your mint leaves on the bottom of the copper cup. Add your ice and ginger beer. Pour some vodka and lime juice in and mix. Add a lime slice and mint leaves for garnish.