10 Phrases We Should All Say To Each Other More Often

Be the flame that sparks the fire back into someone's soul.

88
nsmbl.nl

1. "Thank you."

These are probably two of the most underused words in the English language. Say them. If someone does something nice, whether it's someone you're not fond of or a complete stranger, acknowledge their kindness and express your thanks.

2. "It was my fault, I'm sorry."

We need to pick and choose our battles in this life. Is a stupid fight with a friend worth the loss of the friendship? Probably not. Swallow your pride, even if you're 100 percent sure that you're right. Be the bigger person; say you're sorry. I promise it will feel good.

3. "I forgive you."

It's a lot harder than it sounds, I know. But with everything in you, try your best to forgive. These words will heal the person you are speaking to and they will heal your own soul, as well.

4. "I'm worried about you."

This is so important and probably one of the hardest things to say to someone. No one wants to hear that others are worried about them, no matter what the situation may be. Unfortunately, in some instances, these words could be a matter of life or death. Say them. It will be hard, but you see something that they can't. Help them.

5. "I can't give you the help that you need."

Too often we are busting our backs to go above and beyond for others. Those who do go out of their way are amazing human beings, however it comes to a point where it's too much. If someone needs help that you cannot give them, don't keep trying to give them that help yourself. Help them get the help that they need. This doesn't mean you don't care, it means that you do. Help them but don't ever forget to help yourself.

6. "It is OK to feel how you're feeling."

Feelings are oftentimes out of our control. Things happen, and as a result, our bodies feel. Sometimes we feel things that we don't want to feel, so we try to un-feel them. Let your mind, your body, your heart and your soul feel how they need to feel, how they want to feel. You never need any justification for your feelings.

7. "I miss you. Let's catch up."

When you haven't spoken to or seen someone in a while, it's hard to rekindle. If you miss someone and you're thinking about them, let them know. It may be the best thing you've ever done.

8. "You are strong."

These are the words everyone needs to hear at some point in their lives, usually more than once. If someone is struggling, tell them how strong they are. Don't tell them that it will be OK because it might not be, but tell them that they can do this. Admire them for their strength.

9. "I'm here for you."

Being lonely, especially through hard times, is never easy. Be there for the people you care about. People are often reluctant to confide in people because they don't want to be a bother. If you express your support, they will feel much more comfortable in accepting that support and they will feel safe.

10. "I see the best in you even when you don't."

You make mistakes, I make mistakes, we all make mistakes. They say that our actions reflect on the way people see us, which is probably true. Be the friend to someone who doesn't see them just for their poor actions they make from time to time because let's face it, we all do stupid things. None of us want to be seen as the drunken mistake we made last weekend. Be accepting and see past the flaws. Remind them of all the amazing qualities they possess.