In the six years the show has been off the air, people still watch the teenage drama One Tree Hill. The show follows the lives of two brothers, their families, and friends in the small town of Tree Hill. The show has been known to be relatable to students from high school to post-college with plot lines that many of us see all the time in real life. Lucas, Peyton, Nathan, Haley, and Brooke will forever be in our hearts.
1. "I’ve come to the conclusion that if having things turn out the way you wanted them to is a measure of a successful life, then some would say I’m a failure. The important thing is not to be bitter over life’s disappointments. Learn to let go of the past. And recognize that every day won’t be sunny, and when you find yourself lost in the darkness and despair, remember it’s only in the black of night you see the stars. And those stars will lead you back home. So don’t be afraid to make mistakes, to stumble and fall, cause most of the time, the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. Maybe you’ll get everything you wish for. Maybe you’ll get more than you ever could have imagined. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long and in the end, the journey is the destination." - Whitey Durham
Whitey was the teacher/coach we all wish we had at some point in our lives.
2. "Sometimes it seems like you are the only one in the world who’s struggling, who’s frustrated, unsatisfied, barely getting by. But that feeling’s a lie. And if you just hold on, just find the courage to face it all for another day, someone or something will find you and make it all okay. Because we all need a little help sometimes – someone to help us hear the music in their world, to remind us that it won’t always be this way. That someone is out there. And that someone will find you." - Lucas Scott
Oh Lucas, you brooding asshole, you.
3. It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you’re seventeen and planning for someday. And then quietly and without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And that someday is yesterday. And this is your life.
The real life version of the heart eyes emoji.
4. "If you had a friend you knew you’d never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be? Say it, do it, don’t wait. Nothing lasts forever." - Brooke Davis
An actual queen.
5. "Happiness is not a destination. It is a mood, it is not permanent. It comes and goes and if people thought that way then maybe people would find happiness more often." - Julian Baker
Julian may have had really weird high fives, but he knew what he was talking about.
6. "It's not about what you say, it's about what you do. You don't like the person you've become then do something about it, because no one's gonna do it for you." - Peyton Sawyer
Peyton -- full of angst and wisdom.
7. "You can choose to blame your circumstances on fate or bad luck or bad choices. Or you can fight back. Things aren’t always going to be fair in the real world. That’s just the way it is. But for the most part, you get what you give. Rest of your life is being shaped right now. With the dreams you chase, the choices you make, and the person you decide to be. The rest of your life is a long time. And the rest of your life starts right now." - Haley James Scott
8. “Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark. And the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish. And lonely frustration for the life you deserved but never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists. It is real. It is possible. And it is yours.” - Lucas Scott
9. "You know, you might wanna take a long hard look in the mirror. And see if the guy staring back at you is the kind of person you want to be." - Keith Scott
I'm not crying, you're crying.
10. "Happiness comes in many forms -- in the company of good friends, in the feeling you get when you make someone else's dream come true, or in the promise of hope renewed. It's okay to let yourself be happy because you never know how fleeting that happiness might." - Lucas Scott
We are forever missing One Tree Hill.