10 Old Cartoons In Need Of A Reboot

10 Old Cartoons In Need Of A Reboot

A list of old children cartoons who deserve a reboot.

737
10 Old Cartoons In Need Of A Reboot

With regards to the recent reboot of the Powerpuff Girls [Cartoon Network] and the released spin-off of Full House - Fuller House, as well as Girl Meets World a spin-off of Boy Meets World, if we were to reboot old t.v. shows now would be the time. So I've collected 10 older TV shows that I think are worthy of a reboot.

1. Invader Zim [Nickelodeon]

The show follows the experiences of Irken alien, Zim, in his quest to take over planet Earth, which he was sent to because the leaders of the Irken planet didn't want him around. Yet after just a season and a half, the show was cancelled due to low ratings among the channel's target audience and the other half of the second season never even aired. Thanks to Nicktoons, all of season two was aired from June 10 to August 19, 2006. Now, if one were to want to watch Invader Zim they would need to purchase the seasons on DVD. I personally just couldn't get enough of Zim's disastrous plans and no matter how hard he tried, his ultimate failure.

2. Angry Beavers [Nickelodeon]

This follows the stories of Dagget (brown) and Norbert (blond) Beaver as they are forced to leave home when their parents have a new litter. Throughout the show, they are subject to wacko government scientists , a fish so big it can swallow a Swede , evil mind-controlling pond scum , a Swamp Witch, lying documentary-film makers , etc., all the while they are just trying to satisfy their love of Yoo-hoo, hot peppers, Grade-Z 50s sci-fi and, of course, wood. Honestly, what more could you ask for?

3. Rocket Power [Nickelodeon]

While it mainly focuses on four friends and their daily lives of playing extreme sports, surfing and getting into some crazy situations, Rocket Power did have its lesson-learned episodes such as in Season Three Episode 13, "Losers Weepers" in where a truck driver for Lightning Sport Sports Equipment accidentally drops a motorized skateboard into the hands of the Rocket gang, and the kids are faced with the decision to keep it or give it back.

(Bonus: Look how cool their non-handshake is)

4. As Told By Ginger [Nickelodeon]

This incredible TV cartoon follows a preteen girl named Ginger Foutley, along with two friends, as they try to fit in social life as well in school and try to avoid any embarrassments. I related so much to this show it felt like Ginger and I were the same person. From understanding boys, to dealing with a little sibling, to trying to make it into the in-crowd and as mentioned trying to fit into school with little to no embarrassments I don't think I've ever related to a character so much before.

5. The Wild Thornberrys [Nickelodeon]

This show is how I wish I lived as a child. What isn't to want? Eliza Thornberry travels the world in an RV with her parents Nigel and Marrianne, who are famous nature show hosts and she can TALK TO ANIMALS! I mean, I wish that I could talk to animals. Together with her teenage sister Debbie, her pet monkey Darwin, and her wild-boy foster brother Donnie, Eliza gets involved with all kinds of different wildlife (and wild adventures)....Also Nigel Thornberry is a meme star.

6. Courage the Cowardly Dog [Cartoon Network]

While I did sometimes get nightmares after watching this show, I just had to see what poor Courage would be traumatized by next. It was fun watching how Courage would react to each menace, danger, or paranormal event to protect his clueless farm owners from what appeared around their land. There were also times Cartoon Network would sneak a positive message in episodes.

I also found it funny when Courage spazzed out.

7. Dexter's Laboratory [Cartoon Network]

Boy genius? Check. Annoying, interfering sister? Check. Misadventures and mishaps when things go wrong? Check. This show is in itself a successful experiment of portraying all things that can go wrong in an experiment. I would like to see what Dexter would be up to once he got older. Would he ever reach Jimmy Neutron level?

8. My Life As A Teenage Robot [Nickelodeon]

This show, in my opinion, is one of the most underrated Nickelodeon shows made. Jenny, a super-powered robot with a super sensitive teenage heart, is suppose to simply function to protect the planet from any disaster, yet this robot has feelings and she just wants to be like any other teenager. She gets bored of saving the world over and over and over again and decides she'll go to high school like all teenagers do. We think being a human teenager is hard, try being a robogirl who has to stop to fight otherworldly villains every other week and stop global disasters from happening. Phew, I don't know how Jenny handled it.

9. The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy [Cartoon Network]

I can't think of a single negative thing to say about this show. It's a show about the Grim Reaper being forced to be the best friend of two children, Billy and Mandy. I like to think Grim would be as good of a friend as portrayed in the show and with death on your side, what could possibly go wrong? There are no downsides, only benefits.

10. Codename: Kid's Next Door [Cartoon Network]

Every single time an episode of Codename: Kids Next Door aired on Cartoon Network I could be found glued to the television, and I wouldn't move until the episode was finished. I always thought it was silly that I was told I couldn't do certain things because I was a kid, yet I knew that if I was given the chance I could do what adults did. I was never brave enough to go through with it though so I admired the Kids Next Door for fighting for the right to do everything adults had restricted them from doing, and they were only ten!