10 Of Life's Most Valuable Lessons Brought To You By Carrie Bradshaw & Co.

You know the theme song, now here are 10 of the most valuable life lessons we've learned from Carrie Bradshaw and company through the years.

46
http://l-ehx.tumblr.com

Carrie Bradshaw is a writer, friend, fashion-junky extraordinaire, and visionary far ahead of her times for millenial women. If you've managed to keep up with Carrie and company (Charlotte, Miranda, and Samantha) season after season, you know that there's no one better to teach you the ins and outs of interpersonal relationships. Here are 10 of the most valuable life lessons pulled straight from a millienial's motion picture bible, "Sex and the City."

1. Friendships are the investment of a lifetime.

Friendships, much like any other type of relationship, are investments. This is to say that there's a certain amount of time and energy necessary for them to last. Friendship -- no matter how "magical" or effortless it may seem -- is a two way street, and much like a relationship, a friendship won't work unless you do.

2. The grass isn't always greener.

With a filter to make anyone appear picture perfect, it's easy to fall into the trap of deception, thinking another girl is so much prettier, thinner and more put together than you are. Be happy with who you are and what you have, because someone else is happier with far less.

3. Sometimes it really isn't you.

It's very transparent that "it's not you, it's me" is the cop out of the century. But in these very words lie something more important than just a cliché that's scorned unsuspecting women for decades; it seriously isn't you, it's him. Onto the next.

4. And other times, it is.

And then there are the times when it's not him at all, but you've mistakenly been looking for apples on an orange tree. Cut your losses and move on. A masterpiece is still a masterpiece when the lights are off and the critics have gone home.

5. "Soul mate" is a fluid term.

In the midst of the dawn of the "Netflix and chill" era, soulmate has become a pretty heavily weighted term. The truth is, if you're lucky, you'll probably have numerous "soulmates" in your lifetime. There will be friend soulmates, "SVU" marathon soulmates, Chinese takeout soulmates, breakfast-for-dinner soulmates, and the list goes on. If you've found someone who counts for all of these things wrapped up into one, you've just about hit the "soulmate" jackpot.

6. Don't just talk about it; be about it.

Actions speak louder than words. Whether it's getting motivated to hit the gym or vowing to ace your Spanish final, you can't just talk about it -- you have to be about it. Spend those extra hours studying, wake up an hour earlier for a run -- the end result will make you glad you did.

7. Not everyone is going to like you.

This is a fact of life, but in true Samantha Jones fashion, accepting it becomes far more glamorous than you could've imagined. Not everyone is going to like you, and that is perfectly fine. Sometimes people will dislike you for reasons unbeknownst to you, or even for no reason at all. Sometimes you won't like people for reasons unbeknownst to them, or even for no reason at all. This is called life. Welcome.

8. If you have to fake it, leave it.

Friends, guys, whatever the case may be -- it is always better to be by yourself than in bad company. If you feel like it's forced or you're faking it, chances are you probably are. The people who are suppose to be in your life will respect your honesty. As the great Dr. Suess (Ph.D.) once said, "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

9. There will be days when this is entirely too true.

Sure, when all else fails, vodka might temporarily sedate and/or embarrass you, but she will never -- I repeat never -- let you down.

10. Be the kind of person you can count on.

When even vodka comes to fail you -- it will, don't worry (you didn't think I was being serious I hope) -- at the end of the day, being the kind of person that you would want around never hurts. Being the kind of person who can handle yourself and whatever curveball life happens to throw at you next with style and grace is the mark of one of Carrie's truest, most loyal disciples.