10 NYC Dessert Destinations To Satisfy Your Summer Sweet Tooth

Because who doesn’t love dessert?

9698
Cyn Eats

I get at least one text a day asking for food recommendations in New York City. Maybe that’s because I have a list on my phone of all of my favorite places, or maybe it’s because I have my own foodstagram account. Either way, I am always happy to share. As most people know, I am obsessed with finding the newest, trendiest and most delicious dessert destinations in NYC. Here are some of my faves! Enjoy!

1. Big Gay Ice Cream

If you have never been to Big Gay you are seriously missing out. Their ice cream creations are out of this world. My go to is the Salty Pimp- vanilla soft serve injected with dulche de leche then topped with sea salt and dipped in chocolate. You can even get your cone lined with Nutella. Can you say YUM?!?

2. Sprinkles Cupcakes

A trip into NYC is incomplete without a visit to Sprinkles. One time I literally went to the city just to get a Sprinkles cupcake, and I’m not kidding. Their cupcakes have the perfect frosting to cake ratio and their ice cream is some of the best I’ve ever had. Do not leave without trying the Sprinkles Sundae- one scoop of ice cream in between a cupcake top and bottom!!

3. Magnolia’s

Magnolia’s is a classic, and if you have never been you must go ASAP. Their desserts are simple but delicious. You can never go wrong at Magnolia’s. Their famous banana pudding is fluffy, light and sweet- what’s not to love?! Their cupcakes also never disappoint. A cupcake a day keeps the doctor away, right?

4. Two Little Red Hens

My cousin raved about this place so I figured I would give it a try. And I was not disappointed. I tried the marble cupcake and the banana cupcake with peanut butter frosting. The cupcakes were moist, and the frosting had the perfect texture and was not too sweet. I will be back!

5. Levain Bakery

Levain cookies are some of the best cookies that I have ever had. My favorite is the Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie. You have never seen a cookie so large in your life- they are literally the size of my face. These cookies are hard on the outside but soft and gooey on the inside. Just thinking about them is making me drool!

6. Bread’s Bakery

I stumbled upon this little bakery last summer because it was right around the corner from my office. One morning, they were standing outside with free samples of Chocolate Nutella Babka. Obviously I took one because how could I turn down a free sample? That bite was full of warm, chocolaty, gooey, goodness. I instantly became obsessed. It was so delicious that I had to go inside and buy some more. This babka is dangerously good.

7. Amorino

If you want authentic Italian Gelato, Amorino is your place. Every ice cream cone is an artistic creation. You choose as many flavors as you want and they shape it to look like a flower- the perfect Instagram opportunity!! But seriously, this place is the real deal.

8. Momofuku Milk Bar

Birthday Cake Truffles. That. Is. All.

9. Doughnut Plant

I had heard about this place for years and had always wanted to try it. Let me tell you, it was worth the hype. Out of all of the flavors I tried my favorites were the Coconut Cream and the Chocolate Hazelnut. The doughnuts were warm, fluffy, and full of flavor! How could you go wrong?

10. Morgenstern’s Finest Ice Cream

If you come to Morgenstern’s in the summer, you best be ready to wait in line. However, it is totally worth it. This homemade ice cream is so creamy and flavorful that you can taste the fresh ingredients. My go to flavor is the salted chocolate! I can honestly say this ice cream is among the best that I have ever had.