Freshman-Do-Not-Frat

10 things incoming freshmen shouldn't do to avoid being labeled as the Drunk Girl Everyone Stares At

Coming into a frat party, you are on thin ice.

417
Flickr

To all my incoming freshmen, your welcome week behavior translate to how you will be the rest of the year, and let me tell you, it's not easy to make it out alive of welcome week. Newfound freedom leads many people to doing stupid things that will haunt them the rest of the year, so freshmen, here are a few things you should avoid doing to survive welcome week.

1. Don't makeout with the first guy that gives you attention

Because you're the incoming class, all of the guy's eyes will be on you. They're like vultures waiting for a prey. Don't get wrapped up in the first Brad you meet because I can promise you that the guys will talk about how easy you are after.

2. Don't makeout with anyone on elevated surfaces or populated areas

One of my biggest pet peeves is being on an elevated surface with my friends and then looking over my shoulder and seeing two people basically swallowing each other. You do not need to show off to everyone that you are getting action tonight. Take your man to a more secluded area to save my eyes from your nasty PDA.

3. Don't be the girl offering everyone shots

If you're the girl hanging around the bar looking for a group of people to take shots with, it's not going to end well for you honey. It's trashy to be downing shot after shot and they hit you faster than you would expect. Honestly, I would expect to see you over the toilet at the end of the night and no one wants their head in a smelly frat house bathroom.

4. Don't scream when your favorite song comes on

We know that any new summer poppy song is going to be played at the frat party to get everyone riled up, and we know that you probably learned all the words before you came to school, so you don't need to break our eardrums screaming to your friend that you love this song so much.

5. Don't be disrespectful

Coming into a frat party, you are on thin ice. The people who have been coming to this house for years have seniority over you. Don't forget that. There's no need to shove people out of the way or be rude to them just because you lost your friend at the bar. Ask politely to squeeze through and you won't get kicked out.

6. Don't pass out

One of the biggest things I can warn you about is to not go over your tolerance. I understand that some people are more experienced than others, but your're endangering not only your life but the lives of many. And its a big mood killer to have the cops show up to a frat party.

7. Don't take your clothes off

I know that frats get crowded very easily and they also get very hot, but do us all a favor and keep all articles of clothing on. Nudity is only allowed in private places and too much skin is extremely slutty.

8. Don't do "Rush Tits/Ass"

My father always told me he never wanted to see me on one of those "Barstool" accounts and hopefully your parents don't either. Rush Tits/Ass are the most regretful thing that you can do in college because once it's on the internet, it's never going away. Also, you may not know, but frats have private photo folders filled with images like that so those can really go anywhere the brothers want them to. Make the Brads wait to see it in private.

9. Don't brag about your past successes

Introductions at frat parties are hard, but please for the love of God, don't tell me about how you were a cheer captain in high school or how you dated the quarterback of your football team. It's the past and I don't care. Talk about what you are thinking about doing on campus.

10. Don't go home alone

The absolute number one rule in a woman's handbook is DON'T GO HOME ALONE! If all your friends have left with Brads and Chads, don't feel the need to find you one also. One in every four girls experience some type of sexual assault on a college campus and you do not want to be a number in that statistic. If you ever need someone to Uber home with you, go up to another girl and ask if you can join her ride or pay for her to ride with you back. It is better safe than sorry.