10 Movies You Can Shamelessly 'Ugly Cry' To

Sometimes we all just need to let it all go.

69
CNN.com

Sometimes a girl just needs to ugly cry and there are thousands of movies out there to help us do just that (looking at you Nicolas Sparks)! The ten movies listed below never fail to make me cry, whether it be out of jealousy (when will a boy ever serenade me?), sadness (sad kids make me cry) or happiness (true love is real right?). Enjoy, share and comment your perfect "ugly cry" movie! Plus, let me know if you've seen any of these and if a tear or forty have fallen because of them.

1. 10 Things I Hate About You

Aside from Heath Ledger's jaw dropping, head turning jawline and curly hair, this movie makes me ugly cry no matter the mood I'm in before I sit down to watch it. Beware that you'll be extremely jealous by the end of the movie.

2. To Kill A Mockingbird

We've all had to read this book in school, but many haven't seen the movie. This movie makes me "ugly cry" from sadness, pain and the innocence of children. This also is an easy watch because Atticus Finch is hooooooot.

3. Welcome to Me

This movie shines a light on mental illness, broken famlies and the corruption of media... sort of. This movie is as amazing as Kristin Wigg, who plays the main character.

4.The Pursuit of Happyness

A dad's undying love for his son... what more do you want?

5. 13 Going on 30

This movie always sets me back to where I'm supposed to be for it shows that what we want isn't always what we need. Not to mention that it shows the impending doom of adulthood.. bum bum buuummmm.

6. The Boy in The Striped Pajamas

I mean.... just.... ya know?

7. Cyberbully

This movie shows the horrors that unfold everyday for many people all over the world. Although cyberbullying is not 100% preventable, you can help. Click here to find out more about what you can do to help stop cyberbullying.

Plus, if you're interested in watching another movie with similar plot lines and lessons, "A Girl Like Her" is magnificent as well and both are available on Netflix!

8. Short Term 12

There's so much to say about this movie, so I'll have to let it speak for itself.

9. Tinkerbell and the Never Beast

Okay. So this may just be me, but I've been OBSESSED with Tinkerbell since I could walk, so naturally I watch all the new movies. They're such amazing movies with great lessons for kids. I'd warn you that the end of this one will have you in tears, but I think you've gotten that by now considering the title of this article.

10. A Walk to Remember

I'm just going to leave this one here for you.

Now go forth and binge-watch all of these and cry your eyes out with a pint (or two) of ice cream.