The 10 Most Exciting Things About Fall

The 10 Most Exciting Things About Fall

Fall is the best season of them all, and here are a few reasons why...

41
The 10 Most Exciting Things About Fall
Hannah and Husband

1. The Weather

Anyone who experiences the fall season knows that the best weather comes from this time of the year. It is the perfect time for a run without dying of heat exhaustion, and you don't have to worry about a frostbit nose from just going out to your car.

2. Sweater, scarves, boots and more sweaters...

If you're anything like me, there is nothing better than being able to be comfortable and super cute all at the same time. Fall is the best time to bring out the leggings, the oversized grandpa sweater and the blanket scarf to make your "OOTD" turn some heads.

3. Bonfires & S'mores

Fall brings all the best smells and food, including the bonfire smell that clings to your clothes and hair. Bonfires are the best way to just hangout and be surrounded by the love and warmth of your friends. Not to mention the marshmallow goodness you get to eat.

4. Halloween

Be something your not for a night. Halloween is a night full of scares and hidden identities. It is a great way to release your inner child wanting to play dress up, and even go trick-or-treat. (that's if your neighbors don't mind that you're 20-something and still trying to get candy.)

5. Speaking of Holidays, Thanksgiving...

Thanksgiving is a personal favorite of mine. Not only because you get to spend the day with family and friends you haven't seen since last year, and be thankful for everything possible, but because FOOD. Thanksgiving brings all the family recipes in to one room, basically heaven. Also, if your family is normal, meaning not normal, something crazy will happen.

6. Getting Scared, on purpose.

From haunted houses, to corn mazes, you pay to get scared by professional "scarers" ,and it might just be one of the best things you do all season. Who doesn't want to pee their pants while being chased by a killer clown?

7. PUMPKIN EVERYTHING

The inner "white girl" in me loves to put pumpkin spice with everything. From my latte to my ice cream; if it's pumpkin, I love it. On top of that, being able to pick your own pumpkin to carve a personalized jack-o-lantern and eat the pumpkin seeds while your at it, makes for the ultimate fall day.

8. Fairytale Dates

No matter who you are, deep down, part of you wants to feel like a princess, even if it's just for a day. Fall is the best time for an ideal date. Whether it be a picnic at a park, a hike to the top of a mountain, a haunted house/scary movie/cuddle time or simple stroll though town, everything about fall makes those days and nights flawless and leaves you feeling like a princess.

9. Football Season

No matter where in the country you live, there are people in your town who get excited about football. If you care or watch at all, and even if you don't football season gets crazy and exciting. Tailgates to long nights of celebration, fall brings crazy fans out of their summer hibernation into full on craze mode.

10. Crispy, Crunchy Leaves.

I don't know about you, but for me, one of the simplest, best things about fall is the crisp leaves that are unavoidable as you walk down the sidewalk. It is so satisfying seeing the colors and shapes of the leaves that fall gracing the earth with their wonderful sounds. I don't mind piling them up and jumping in them, or throwing them in the air just as we all did as kids.