11 Reasons Why May Is the Best Month

11 Reasons Why May Is The Best Month

What is there not to do in May?

7985
colorful may flowers
GoodbyeMarch

April showers are bringing in those May flowers. May is here and it is one of the most exciting months out of the year for many reasons. There's so many important events going on in May and so many different things to do. Here's 11 reasons May is the best month out of the year.

1. School is done and summer has officially begun.

We are all waiting for the month of May because we all know school is out. We look forward to the month of May all year long. It's summer time!

white and multicolored beach ball Photo by Raphaël Biscaldi on Unsplash

2. We get to reunite with our friends from home.

group of friends taking a selfie

It's been a long semester without seeing our lovely friends from home. The month of May is finally a time to reunite with our long lost best friends. Our college friends are great, but sometimes we just want to go back to our home roots.

3. It's time to relax.

a person relaxing in a hammock

The year has been hard on us, and now it's time to take a break for a little while. May is finally our chance to relax from all the stresses of school.

4. Start new jobs or internships.

a group of people review documents in a meeting

We may have just gotten done with school, but that doesn't stop us from keeping our foot on the gas. May is the beginning of many jobs and internships where we can gain the experience for our future careers.

5. We get to spend time with our family.

a family having a meal

Family time is the best time. May is a chance to finally come home from school and get in some much needed family time. We made our way through the long semester and now all we want is to spend some time with our favorite people.

6. More importantly, we get to come home to our pets.

It's no secret, we missed our pets while we were at school. Nothing is better than coming home to a wagging tail or a purring cat. We missed them the most.

black short coat small dog Photo by Veronika Jorjobert on Unsplash

7. Country concerts.

a man playing a guitar

Country concert season is here. It all starts in May. The flannels, cowboy hats, and good times are all right around the corner!

8. Indy 500.

a photo of the indy500 racecar race

The 100th running of the Indy 500 is here, and it is an event you're not going to want to miss. May is full of special events and this might just be one of the biggest.

9. The Kentucky Derby.

a photo of the kentucky derby race

There's nothing quite like dressing to the nines and having a great time while doing it. The month of May is home to this event, making May that much better.

10. Memorial Day.

an image of the united states flag and a body of water

Memorial Day is known for a lot of people headed out to the lake. It's a great time to get together with family and friends for the holiday before May is over!

11. Pool season is here.

a baby in a float in a pool

The pool covers are off, friends are home, and pool season has officially began. It's time to take the chance to relax and catch some rays this May.