10 Mantras That Will Change Your Summer Mindset

The season's changed and so should your mindset.

61
Sunset; Jada Bruce

Season changes are one of my favorite things on this planet. They allow me to see life with a clearer head and set more expectations for myself.

As I continue to set expectations for myself, I have found it more beneficial to reflect on my mindset more than anything. Here are 10 mantras I have found most helpful as summer has basically arrived.

I am doing my best and that is all I can expect of myself.

This mantra is the perfect one to kick off your summer with! Winter and spring may not have been your seasons but there is something different about the warm weather and late summer nights. You did you best thus far and that's all anyone can ask of you.

I can not fear what I have not tried.

Wow, it's like I targeted myself on this one! I have to remind myself every day the fears I have are of something that haven't even happened yet. And even if they go bad, so what? At least you tried.

Everything I need is within me.

I've had to learn this one the hard way. No matter how many inspirational or self-help books there are, nothing can teach me discipline, happiness or security unless I change my mindset. Seeking out these things seem impossible because they are already within you. All the drive and motivation is in you to do bigger and better things…the question just comes down to, are you ready to see your full potential?

I am grateful for everything that has come to my life and look forward to what is still coming.

Remember everything that brought you into the summer, but what's the use in letting it hold you back? Where you're headed is going to be better than where you have been.

I am the sky, everything else is just the weather.

When I was at my lowest points, everything (and when I say everything, I mean everything) used to bother me. But then I realized there would always be things that happened and days would always change, but I have more power in these situations than I thought.

Like the sky, you may not have the power to control what comes about every second, but your reactions and presentation of self is what you have the most power over. Like the sky, you are aware of the power you have and you are conscious that 20 days of rain and thunderstorms all lead to that one day of sunshine. Enduring the weather is the hard part, but how do you show your true power in the situations?

I am surrounded by love.

Consciously submerging yourself in love is one of the greatest gifts you can ever give yourself. Consciously choosing to be around people who support the way you choose to love and send you well wishes during your lowest of lows - those are the ones you surround yourself in. Surround yourself in the love you want to have and in the love you want to give.

I owe it to myself to let go. 

The greatest gift I gave myself was letting go, whether I wrote a letter and burned it to a crisp or I apologized and didn't wait for an insincere "I forgive you" back. It is all about releasing what is not meant for you and what is not meant to be kept.

Those people that don't want to be in your life but you still fight for? Let them go - release your grip and let them go. All those tears you cry because you miss them? Let them fall, but don't pity yourself for letting them fall. Pick yourself up, you owe yourself that much.

I release all things that do not serve me. 

If it has no purpose in your life and doesn't bring you peace of mind, release it from your conscience and release it from your worries.

My happiness can not be interpreted by anyone else but me. 

"Well, you don't even look that happy" and "If you're happy, why don't you smile more?" are among the top 100 things that grind my gears. What does it really mean to "look happy?" Better yet, who is anyone to tell me I don't fit into what a happy person's profile should be?

You decide your happiness. Don't let the questions of others make you question your happiness even for a second.

I am enough.

If no one today or even in these moments tells you that you're enough as you are, tell yourself that you are. You are enough and despite all the shortcomings, your worth does not deteriorate. You are enough and you will be great.