10 Iconic Friends Thanksgiving Episodes I will NEVER Forget

From turkey head to Brad Pitt...I will never forget you guys!

152
Friends
c1.staticflickr.com

I know festivities are long gone, but one can never forget to have a Friends marathon every year post celebrations. Especially when it's about thanksgiving I can understand why Chandler hated the turkey tradition. No one can compete to the full Chandler's sarcasm, Joey's enthusiasm for the menu, Monica's utter freaky controlling nature in the kitchen (and otherwise too), Rachel messing things up, and ah! Phoebe being all aloof as always.

No one does Thanksgiving the way Friends too, right? I mean watching the show 5 times by now I have to say I'm a die-hard fan and nothing excites me more than the thanksgiving episodes.

Thanksgiving Episode

Excited Season 9 GIF by FriendsGiphy

So what say? In honor of the dead turkey and the sarcasm, I had to recall the best iconic Friends Thanksgiving episodes.

Sure, The Simpsons is a great choice for Halloween episodes and Bob's Burgers has a vivid collection of Valentine's Day too... but none can do it better than this sitcom and so Friends remain an undisputed and unprecedented one too

So here we go.

Season 10, Episode 8 – “The One With the Late Thanksgiving”

fail episode 8 GIFGiphy

I hate it when the season ends which is why it's better to start with the ending right now. In the last season everyone is hitting off on their own now, so this was a really depressing Thanksgiving episode. But for me, it still ranks higher because it was the last one (you get it right?)

And Monica being all antsy as ever. But the best part? The Bings are selected to be adoptive parents. So yeah, it all works out.

Season 9, Episode 8 – “The One With Rachel’s Other Sister”

Angry Season 9 GIF by FriendsGiphy

So, Joey with such a lousy memory realizes he was supposed to be on the Days of Our Lives float. No surprise you forgot Joe!

But here comes the big surprise - entering (roll drums please) the hostile Greene sister a.k.a Amy (Christina Applegate). As the episode progresses it gets worse as Rachel is soon to find out her sister is the worst babysitter ever, Monica's wedding china gets destroyed, and well the rest is left to your imagination if you still haven't seen this episode yet. You should.

Season 8, Episode 9 – “The One With the Rumor”

excited season 8 GIFGiphy

One of the best guest appearances ever made to the show - Brad Pitt as Will. the dork from high school who used to be fat and friends with Monica because well.

Let's face it, both were fat!

Now? He's super hot, cute, and attractive to look at. And so it's not surprising at all when Rachel is all over him. So the character had become so hot they had to hire Jennifer's (Rachel) real husband for the show. Oh, the irony!

Season 7, Episode 8 – "The One Where Chandler Doesn't Like Dogs"

season 7 friends GIFGiphy

So, in this episode, we come to know that Chandler has a "thing" about the dogs! He hates dogs which is such a bummer. In Clunker's defense, he was a small mixed dog breed so what harm could he have done anyway? But that's not the only thing that goes wrong here. Tag gets his car stolen while Rachel is persuaded to tell him about her crush (which I thought was so cute).

And what's what with Ross hating ice cream? It's a frozen dessert Mr. paleontologist! So yeah, maybe I didn't get to enjoy this episode as much as I would have loved to but whatever… it's Friends!

Season 6, Episode 9 – "The One Where Ross Got High"

Season 2 Omg GIF by FriendsGiphy

Remember how every parent has a favorite? It just happens. This Thanksgiving the Gellar's parents are joining the Friends at Monica's but so it happens they hate Chandler for some reason unknown to him. Since Ross is such a medical wonder for his parents, he could never do wrong. And by never I mean never get high.

Instead, Monica barrages on their parents that it was Ross getting high in college, not Chandler (Ross put the blame on him so his image was not ruined). But wait for the best part - the English Trifle and Shepherd's Pie is apparently a dessert made by Rachel and eaten by Joey.

Wasn't that fun now?

Season 5, Episode 8 – "The One with All the Thanksgivings"

Excited Chandler Bing GIF by FriendsGiphy

So far in this episode, we find out that Ross is having the worst day of his life. He is being divorced again, got his eviction notice to the apartment he didn't have the chance to live in yet, and oh the gang reminisces about their previous Thanksgiving experiences.

You are about to see the younger glimpses of all characters one by one. Younger Monica tries to seduce Chandler after she loses pounds, but cuts his toe accidentally. In one memory Joey gets turkey stuck on his head which still is utterly priceless.

And the first time Chandler says "I love you" to Monica while she tries to cheer him up about the lousy memory. This episode just made my day all over again!

Season 4, Episode 8 – "The One with Chandler in a Box"

Fuck You Season 4 GIF by FriendsGiphy

You know what they say, never cheat on your best friend with their girlfriend. Even to prove his loyalty to Joey, Chandler spent six hours "thinking on his actions" while everyone else enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner.

Oh, and let's not forget Monica with the young Dr. Richard (the son!!!) which was super weird even watching.

The idea of festivity wasn't there much but sure it was an ironic one.

Season 3, Episode 9 – "The One with the Football"

Season 3 GIF by FriendsGiphy

No one understands the old sibling rivalry better than Monica and Ross. when it's about football those two are nuts! Completely insane.

The Thanksgiving dinner is postponed as the gang decides to hold a football match where no one seems to choose Rachel (for obvious reasons). So we do find out that Monica broke Ross's nose the first time they played football and they were "forbidden" from playing it anymore.

The animosity between the Gellar siblings is on the rise in the funniest way possible.

Season 2, Episode 8 – "The One with the List"

jennifer aniston love GIFGiphy

One thing guys should learn is to never make pros and cons list like Ross's. Comparing Julie, the girl he was dating at the time, with Rachel in a not so subtle way was not the right way to go about this.

Lesson learned.

No wonder, the list backfired, when Rachel found out about it the minute Ross and she got together for the "first time". Let's not forget about Monic trying to recreate the horrific recipes that Phoebe stated as "what evil must taste like" which was a pure failure.

Season 1, Episode 9 – "The One where Underdog got Away"

On a happier note, this was the season's first-ever Thanksgiving episode. Monica and Ross's parents are on a vacation and it seems like everyone has their plans set in motion already.

Eventually, things start to go awry as the episodes progress.

Rachel cannot afford a ticket to visit her family, Joey's family is hysterical to meet him after seeing his commercial on VD, and cancels on him, leaving a sad and annoyed Joey back to Monica's. Chandler is already averse to the tradition due to his parents' divorce so it's a mac n' cheese for him instead of a traditional turkey.

For a grown person, nothing can be funnier than the Friends marathon. I bet if you haven't seen the season yet (which is super surprising by the way) you should watch it now to experience all the moments.