My Ranking Of The Friends Thanksgiving Episodes

I wasn't supposed to put beef in the trifle!

46
https://www.elitedaily.com/p/the-friends-thanksgiving-episodes-are-coming-to-theaters-im-emotional-19350904

Thanksgiving usually gets overlooked. There aren't really any Thanksgiving songs, Thanksgiving television specials, or special Thanksgiving decorations. The one thing I always look forward to, however, is rewatching all of the Friends Thanksgiving episodes! Here is a ranking of all of the Thanksgiving Day episodes.

#9: The One with Chandler in a Box

This episode isn't terrible, but it's the worst Thanksgiving themed episode. Although it's funny that Joey forces Chandler to think about his actions in a box, it makes Thanksgiving seem like the sub-plot. I'd say it's a "moo point" episode.

#8: The One Where Chandler Doesn't Like Dogs

This episode is the same as the season 7 Thanksgiving episode. It's funny, but Thanksgiving is more of a sub-plot. There is a very adorable dog featured in it, which keeps it from being last place.

#7: The One with Rachel's Other Sister

This episode is very funny, and Christina Applegate does a great job playing Rachel's superficial sister Amy. From the extremely crazy "What if" scenarios, to Monica constantly being worried about her China being broken, this episode reminds most of us what a Thanksgiving dinner is like.

#6: The One Where Underdog Gets Away

This episode is a great first Thanksgiving episode that helped establish the show. A group of friends forced to have Thanksgiving together since all of their original plans fell through shows their official independence. The idea of one of the Macy's Parade's giant balloons floating away is also hilarious, and I think we've all had a Monica level panic attack around the holidays.

#5: The One with the Rumor

This episode is great, especially since Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt were married at the time. The high school drama being brought up is hilarious, and Joey's journey of eating an entire Thanksgiving turkey by himself. The feeling of putting on some stretchy pants before the final bites of the meal are all too familiar

#4: The One with the Late Thanksgiving

This was the perfect last Thanksgiving episode. The "floating heads" are still a joke today, and Rachel's exclamation "We should not want to be together, together!" is the perfect statement of how some family Thanksgivings end up. And Chandler and Monica getting a call from the adoption agency was the perfect way to end the episode.

#3: The One with the Football

Football is a Thanksgiving tradition, so of course they had to make a Thanksgiving Day/Football episode. Rachel's "last player picked" attitude and girls vs. boys competition are funny, but Monica and Ross' sibling rivalry is what truly puts this episode toward the top of the list.

#2: The One with All the Thanksgivings

It's always funny to think about past dreadful Thanksgivings on Thanksgiving Day, and this episode helps solidify that statement. Seeing high school and college Rachel, Monica, Ross, and Chandler is one of my favorite things throughout the show, but the turkey on the head is one of the funniest things the show ever did.

#1: The One Where Ross Got High

This is definitely the best Thanksgiving episode. EVERYTHING about this episode is funny. From the time Ross and Monica start tattling on each other, to the time Judy Gellar finishes telling everyone the truth, it's impossible to stop laughing. My favorite part of the episode was everyone lying to Rachel about how she made the dessert wrong; only Joey seemed to think that nothing was wrong with the dessert. This episode shows that the truth will ALWAYS come out on Thanksgiving!