10 New Hits to Check Out

10 New Hits to Check Out

Listen away today.

9
10 New Hits to Check Out

Who doesn't love some new songs to add to a playlist? Check out some of my favorite recently released hits, with the music or lyric videos under the descriptions. Get ready to jam out and be amazed!

1. "Something Just Like This" by The Chainsmokers and Coldplay

As some of you know, I'm obsessed with both Coldplay and the Chainsmokers, so when they made a song together I was ecstatic. The upbeat nature of this song coupled with it's simple, yet powerful lyrics make it one you have to listen to asap.

2. "Million Reasons" by Lady Gaga

Are you goo goo for Gaga? Even if you're not, you should check out this song just due to its sheer power. Lady Gaga slays this song, which is an awesome and unique mix of pop, rock, country. I guarantee listening once will give you a MILLION REASONS to keep listening!

3. "Green Light" by Lorde

After a long hiatus, Lorde is back! I have many friends who really dislike Lorde, but her unique style is what makes me love her and this song is no exception. If this song is any indiction of where she's taking her music, it appears that we could see a whole new Lorde.

4. "Chained to the Rhythm" by Katy Perry

Is there a song Katy Perry makes that is not catchy? I vote no. At first glance, this song is a just a catchy hit about having fun (or at least that's what I first thought it was about). However, apparently, it was written to reflect on how many Americans were so "chained to the rhythm" last election cycle, unable to see that our current president could win the election.

5. "Down" by Marian Hill

Marian Hill provides the unique mix of fairly simple lyrics and notes with awesome beats. The band is redefining what pop is. I guarantee you'll be down to keep listening to "Down" once you hear it once.

6. "It Ain't Me" by Kygo and Selena Gomez

I usually don't like Selena Gomez too much, but this song is different. It is so catchy, sassy, and powerful at the same time. Definitely check it out!

7. "Love" by Lana Del Rey

After not releasing a new song for ages, Lana Del Rey is back with one of her best songs yet. In classic Lana style, this song is nothing crazy, but it's great lyrics make it one you must listen to.

8. "Make Me (Cry)" by Noah Cyrus ft Labrinth

Another Cyrus family member is in the house! Miley Cyrus' younger sister, Noah, shines through this simple and powerful song. She sounds exactly like Miley in her early days!

9. Scars to Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara

You've probably heard this hit many times on the radio, but you should still listen to it again. The catchy nature and Cara's powerful voice are great, but my favorite part of this song is its potent message. Give it another listen, and see what you think it's saying.

10. EVERY song on Ed Sheeran's new album

I've always been a big Ed Sheeran fan, but his newest album has some of his best music yet. From the nostalgic "Castle on the Hill," to the upbeat "Shape of You," to slower pieces like "Perfect" and "How Would You Feel, " there's something on Divide for everyone. The variety of styles present on this album exemplify just how amazingly talented Ed Sheeran is. I'm calling Divide the best album since 25 or Lemonade, and you need to immerse yourself in its awesomeness ASAP!