10 Good Things That Happened In 2016

10 Good Things That Happened In 2016

Why 2016 was not a complete disaster.

6
10 Good Things That Happened In 2016
US News

A lot happened in 2016, both good and bad. Unfortunately, the media is focusing on the bad. While it is undeniable that the past year has brought many hardships to people and communities around the world, there were many amazing breakthroughs in 2016 that are not getting the media coverage they deserve. While it is okay to mourn losses and wish the year had been better, we need to try to recognize the positive things going on every day. Here are a list of 10 good things that happened in 2016.

1. Volunteers in India planted 50 million trees in 24 hours.

Read more here.

2. After a century of decline, the tiger population is getting bigger.

Read more here.

3. 24 countries and the European Union came together to create the largest marine reserve in the world.

Read more here.

4. American high school graduation rates are the highest they have ever been.

Read more here.

5. The Americas were declared measles free.

Read more here.

6. It was decided that Harriet Tubman will be on the $20.

Read more here.

7. Scientists have determined that our efforts to save the ozone might be working.

Read more here.

8. Scientists discovered the gene linked to ALS.

Read more here.

9. World hunger is at its lowest in 25 years.

Read more here.

10. The unemployment rate is what it was before the recession.

Read more here.