10 Video Games To Play With Friends

10 Games That Will Make Or Break Your Friendships

Going through hell and back with your friends can be as simply done as playing these games. You might actually just want to leave them there.

216
IGN

Some nights, you might think to yourself "I just have too many friendships!" To remedy this, play any of these games! If you're looking for new ways to ruin your relationships, look no further.

1. Move or Die

moveordiegame.com

Move or Die will always keeping you on the go. No, literally, if you stop moving, you'll drop dead. Different puzzles and game modes keep the pace of gameplay rapid, with games where the floor slowly disappears, bombs fall randomly into a decaying landscape, and you literally stab your friends in the back with a chainsaw. Each round takes roughly 20 seconds as this chaotic game of chance will make you ruin your relationships for the sake of sweet, sweet victory.

Local and Online.

2. Brawlhalla

i.ytimg.com

Brawlhalla is an easy to learn fighting game, making it accessible to a wider range of friends with its simple one button finishing moves and attacks. With an emphasis on air attacks instead of ground, you'll see yourself slapped out of the air enough times to want to slap the controller out of your friends hand. Less gamer inclined people do well, which can make you potentially resentful of your friends' newfound winnings, which you might spitefully chalk up to "beginner's luck."

Local and Online.

3. Cloudberry Kingdom

ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net

The puzzles in Cloudberry Kingdom look easy and straightforward, but the increasingly difficult and randomly generated levels will probably have you screaming at the screen within a couple levels. (No cheating possible.) You can spend time customizing your adorable character with funny hats and capes, only to watch them burn up into lava because your "friend" jumped on the only cloud AGAIN and you have to start over.

Local and Online.

4. Ultimate Chicken Horse

media.playstation.com

Imagine a 2-D platform game that only asks that you cross the finish line. That sounds easy, right? Now imagine that your friends will have a selection of weapons or items to either help you or kill you, though we all know with one is more likely. You'll watch your pals (enemies) effortlessly finish with a coin bonus in tow while crossbows shoot the ambition out of you and black holes drag you inches away from the end. This game will truly test how benevolent you and your friends are.

Local and Online.

5. Deceit

www.indiegamewebsite.com

As the title implies, this game is about lying, specifically to your friends. Two out of your six friends will be infected, but you won't know who. To find out who is the liar, you'll have to wildly accuse your allies based on the faintest of suspicions, until the infected collect enough supplies to turn into monsters and kill you. To prevent this, you'll have to shoot your friends, which sounds bad, but your friendship will survive. (Probably).

Online only.

6. Overcooked! 2

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

Overcooked! 2 has you and your friends cooking quick dishes in harmony to hordes of hungry customers. Or, more likely, your friends throw your sliced chicken off the stage or don't take the rice off the stove and proceed to burn down the kitchen. While Overcooked! 2 is not nearly as stressful as other puzzle games, this fast paced and deceptively cute game masks how frustrating a kitchen can be.

Local and Online.

7. Gang Beasts

www.mobygames.com

Gang Beasts is a gelatinous fighting game. You'll have to throw your friends off the level, but instead of being able to use combos and defeat your friends through practiced skill, you'll barely be able to control your own character. The floppy mechanics of Gang Beasts makes it near impossible to guess what will happen as you try to throw your friends off the stages, pro wrestler style. The jelly like controls make it just as likely that you'll kill yourself rather than your friend, making a humorous, albeit aggravating experience with friends.

Local and Online.

8. Speedrunners

www.dvsgaming.org

Speedrunners is a particularly competitive game, in which players race through a looped stage while the screen grows smaller and smaller over time. Items like the claw (the claaaaw) and rockets will throw your pal, or you, into death as the screen closes around them. Even items like a bomb can also be used to either propel your friend forward or toss them backwards, showing how much you truly value their companionship.

Local and Online.

9. Dead by Daylight

www.heypoorplayer.com

Dead by Daylight adds a new layer to wanting to kill your friends, because one of you will be trying to do exactly that. You and three other friends will have to start generators to escape the killer. Trying to predict how your friend will hunt you down while coordinating with friends to escape will strain any relationship. If you're caught, you'll be hung on a meat hook (Texas Chainsaw Massacre style), and one of your friends will have to risk helping you to their own peril or they could just decide to leave you hanging. This dynamic of hiding and teamwork could make your group tighter through a "no man left behind" mentality or allow discord to ultimately kill everyone.

Online only.

10. Super Smash Bros.

www.imore.com

The classic. The champion of lost friendships. No game will deteriorate a relationship faster than Smash. The recently released Ultimate features a larger roster than ever before, making it possible to be defeated by the cutest of Nintendo characters, which just makes everything so much worse. Depending on how competitive you are, watching your friend murder you with a plant can erase any good feelings in an instant.

Local and Online.