10 Fun Date Ideas On Long Island And In New York City

To get you two off that couch!

11467
Victoria Pulvidente

Trying to come up with fun date ideas to do with your significant other can be difficult. If you live on Long Island or plan on visiting Long Island and New York City with your significant other here are some ideas to have a fun experience and memories that will last forever. These date ideas can also be done with a group of friends so do not feel discouraged if you do not have a date but still want to do something fun; definitely check out these ideas!

1. Fire Island Beaches.

There are tons of beaches on Long Island that make for a great spot to take your date. To name a few you could take your date to Robert Moses, Ocean Beach, Kismet or Atlantique. At Robert Moses you can spend the day at the beach set up blankets have a picnic and watch the sun set or you can go down to field 5 and walk to the light house and climb up to the top. Ocean Beach, Kismet and Atlantique you can take the ferry over to spend the day on the beach, shop around the local shops and have dinner. There's nothing like watching the sunset on the beach wrapped in your date's arms.

2. Concerts at Jones Beach.

Every summer Jones Beach has numerous concerts that would make for a perfect date. Since the concert is outside you get to enjoy the nice summer air and the view of Zachs Bay while listening to great music. What could be better than that? Also, don't forget to get there early for the tailgate that is a whole experience within itself that you must do!

3. Long Island Aquarium.

The Long Island Aquarium makes for a great date where you can touch stingrays together, watch the sea lions play and even swim in a tank with sharks if you're feeling adventurous! I have not been that adventurous yet to get myself in the shark tank but maybe some day...you will probably see me watching them from the other side of the glass with my boyfriend.

4.The Adventure Park at Long Island.

If you are feeling adventurous The Adventure Park would be a great date for you! You get to climb up into the trees with your date and tackle difficult obstacles together that are thrown your way. It is also very pretty at night with all the lights strung through out the course almost giving it a little bit of a romantic feel. You will be soaring in the trees with your love.

5. Mini Golf.

There are tons of mini golf locations across Long Island, which always make for a fun date. It brings out the competition in each other (hopefully in a playful way) challenging each other to see who can get the most hole in ones. Plus mini golf dates usually lead to some ice cream afterwards!

6. Karts Indoor Raceway.

Go-kart racing is the perfect date if you are both feeling the need for speed. You get to race around the track with your significant other challenging each other to go faster. This is a great time to let go, have fun, feel free and alive.

7. The Tanger Outlets.

The outlets make for a great date being that there is so much to do here besides shopping. This date can almost be made into a whole day depending on which Tanger outlet you decide to go too. The date can start with some shopping around the stores, than grabbing a bite to eat followed by catching a movie at the theater. What a great date! There are also concerts that play at the outlets, which would be a great time as well. You could never go wrong with bringing a date here. My boyfriend and I have gone on numerous outlet dates throughout the years and it never gets old.

8. Belmont Park.

Take the train or drive to Belmont Park! If you are looking for an excuse to wear a floppy hat or bow tie this is the place to do it. It is a great place to get your sundress out and your dress pants with suspenders on; you will both be looking dapper while you drink some beers, bet on some horses, and enjoy the park!

9.The High Line NYC.

If you live out on Long Island the High Line is just a train away. Catch those off peak trains and you will be golden for a day filled of adventures. The high line is a perfect date spot. You can walk hand in hand down the old railroad track with the view of the city laid out before you. Along the track you will see gardens, art, and some restaurants where you can stop to get a bite to eat. I went with my boyfriend for my birthday and it was an amazing time. We walked the whole thing from one end to the other.

10. The Museum of Ice Cream NYC.

Again hop on the LIRR off peak and have a fantastic fun filled day filled with ice cream, what is better than that? The Museum of Ice Cream is brand new this summer so it is worth checking out especially since it is ice cream. Who doesn't love ice cream? The museum opens July 29th until August 31st I know where my next date with my boyfriend is going to be before we head back to school and I cannot wait! Apparently there is a giant ice cream swing for two and a swimming pool of sprinkles how could you resist that?

Have Fun!