10 First Tattoo Ideas Not Every Young Woman Has

But anchors, birds, and infinity symbols are cool too.

22765

When you are young and dreaming about getting your first tattoo, there are many things that we think are a great idea. They may be, however there are also hundreds of people who also have that same tattoo. There are the basic girl tattoos such as an anchor, a bird, or an infinity symbol that many choose as their first tattoo, but there are also so many more. Here are 10 first tattoo ideas that not everybody has, that also have a large meaning.

1. Stay open to change, and keep moving forward.

2. Isaiah 43: 2

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through he fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze"

3. Handwritten Tattoos

A great way to memorialize and honor important people in your life is by having their love for you come alive in ink.

4. The Lotus Flower

The Lotus flower can be portrayed in many lights. You can have it being very small and simple, or large and intricate.

5. Encouraging Quotes

These can be anything that touches your soul and represents you and your being. Whatever words keep you going can make a great tattoo.

6. Semi-Colon

Okay, is this becoming more and more popular? Yes. Does that take from the meaning? No. The semi-colon is used when the author could have chosen to end the sentence but didn't. You're the author, the sentence is your life.

7. The Non-Basic Bird

The paper crane is representative of peace and healing.

8. Simple with big meaning.

.

God is greater than the ups and downs. No matter what life throws at you, God is great and he will provide.

9. Viking Runes

They are beautiful, they have a large meaning behind them, and they are not at all common!

10. Literature Tattoo

Books change lives, it's only appropriate that we keep them on our bodies forever. This Walt Whitman quote is beautiful and captivates a strong meaning.