10 Favorite Starbucks Secret Menu Drinks

From a Starbucks employee's tastebuds to yours.

547
Starbucks Secret Menu

I can't speak for all Starbucks employees, but personally, I have mixed feelings about the secret menu. Of course it's a cool concept: different baristas experimenting with the syrups and the sauces, creating tasty new drinks. But on the other hand, there have been times when customers have come to the counter asking for a secret menu drink that no one knew how to make, and the customer themselves didn't have the recipe. So I ask you, I ask you please, whenever you ask for a secret menu drink, have the recipe pulled up on your phone. Please. For the sake of your drink and also for the sake of your barista's blood pressure.

And with that, I give you, from a Starbuck's employee's tastebuds to yours, the gift of my ten favorite secret menu drinks:

1. Mango and Raspberry

Just to start off, this is a creation by one of my own coworkers. I'm not sure if it's on the secret menu, but if you just ask for a mango black tea lemonade with one extra pump of raspberry syrup, let me tell you. You won't be sorry.

2. The Lucky Charms Frappuccino

This frap is scary accurate. I mean, if you were as big of a fan of Lucky Charms as I was as a kid, you have to try it. It's a cream based drink, meaning there's caffeine in it, but no coffee, with a pump of white mocha syrup, a pump of marshmallow syrup and the pieces of waffle cone that are usually used to top waffle cone frappuccinos all blended in together. It's topped with whipped cream, and when I say it tastes like childhood, I mean it. It made me emotional.

3. The Thin Mint Frappuccino

The cravings are year-round, but the tiny dealers only peddle their goods for a short time. Look no further for a way to get your thin mint fix. The thin mint frappuccino is just a green tea frappucino with java chips added, a pump of mocha syrup and a pump of peppermint syrup.

4. The Orange Drink

Since the premier of the Pink Drink, Instagram has been spawning drinks in a myriad of summer colors, but my personal favorite is The Orange Drink. It's a shaken mixture of coconut milk, vanilla bean powder, mango syrup, orange slices and ice.

5. The Butterbeer Frappuccino

If you, like me, are still salty about never getting your letter, ease your suffering with a Butterbeer Frap. It's a vanilla frappuccino, made with the syrup, not the vanilla powder, whole milk, with three pumps of caramel syrup and three pumps of toffee nut. Ask your barista for extra caramel on the inside of the cup for the full experience.

6. Passion Tea Latte

Just plain Passion Tea is popular, but if you get bored of that, try it in a latte. It's a mixture of passion tea, soy milk and ice tossed into the shaker. For extra sweetness, you can add a few pumps of vanilla.

7. The Red Starburst Frappuccino

It tastes just like Starburst. I'm not kidding. It's a blended mixture of strawberry juice, lemonade, vanilla bean powder and raspberry syrup.

8. Apple Cider

Unfortunately, Starbucks doesn't carry apple cider. But this is pretty close. It's just steamed apple juice with the chai syrup.

9. Superfruit Iced Tea

This is a healthier alternative to most of the frappuccinos and refreshers available, and it's really simple and also refreshing! It's just regular shaken green tea with a scoop of limes and berries.

10. The Fruit Roll-Up Refresher

Again, it's scary kinds of accurate, taste wise. It's an orange Valencia refresher, made with strawberry juice instead of water. Add orange slices.

And please, everyone, be patient with your baristas. Show them the recipes. And keep trying new things!