10 Fall Favorites for the basic girl

​10 Fall Favorites For The Basic Girl

Fall is the time where the leaves change color, the air gets cooler, and EVERYTHING becomes pumpkin flavored.

32

Whenever the season changes from summer to fall it's almost necessary to redecorate the interior of your house and get all new candles. There even comes the point where you change out the summer shorts and tanks for the sweaters and boots.

To be ready for the fall this year, here's a list of everything you're going to need to be cozy and feel at peace with yourself.

1. Fall-Scented Candles

The apple pie, the hazelnut cream, the delicious flavors of fall. Lighting one of these savory candles will have your house feeling so cozy and warm and smelling amazing.

2. Over-sized Sweater

A new season is a perfect excuse for shopping. Over-sized sweaters are literally perfect for being comfy or cute or both at the same time.

3. Halloween Candy

You don't have to go trick or treating to get the goods. Honestly one of the upsides of being an adult, I can buy a whole bag of assorted Halloween candy and NOT give it out to any kids. All mine, bye.

4. Hot Caffeinated Beverages

Iced coffee, take a seat. It's time for all the hot drinks to warm my hands as I walk briskly to class. Also a good excuse to buy a new coffee tumbler in the name of treating yourself.

5. Over-the-Knee Boots

To complete your over-sized sweater look, throw on some of these long boots to keep your legs warm and be killing it with your outfit.

6. Soup

Whether it be classic chicken noodle, or something new and interesting you tried on Pinterest the season of Autumn is the season for soup. It's warm, usually low calorie(bonus), and it just makes your soul feel good.

7. Slow-Cooker

Since we're talking about food, it's about time you just go ahead and leave that crock pot out on the counter and get the most use out of it.

Slow-cooker meals are perfect for the days spent lounging inside and watching movies to avoid the weather. Is there anything better than a dump-and-bake recipe that you barely need to lift a finger for??

8. Fleece Blanket

Seriously though, for like $10 at Wal-Mart you can get a new fleece blanket to survive the coming cold days. There is really no better feeling than wrapping up in a ~new~ fleece blanket.

9. Fall Wreath

How else are your neighbors going to know that you are in full-swing Autumn mode? Hang one of these pretty boys up on the door and spread the beauty of fall colors to every passerby.

10. Beanie

It's the perfect accessory to keep heat from escaping your body and hide the fact that maybe you haven't showered today. No judgement here. A cute beanie is just what you'll need for the final tailgates of the season and surviving windy walks to class.