The ten fighters Nintendo should add to the Ultimate roster.

10 Characters I’d Like to See in Smash Ultimate

Here are ten characters, not in any particular order, that Nintendo should offer as DLC.

64

I don't game anywhere near as often as I used to, I simply lost the free time. However there is one game that I, along with my dedicated roommate and friends, logged hundreds of hours into this past year: "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate."

The Smash series has always held a special place in my heart. It is one of the first video games I can remember genuinely playing on the N64. Admittedly, I wasn't the biggest player of Brawl/Smash 4, something felt different about Ultimate. Perhaps it was the massive roster, the hype of the Switch, or the cultural changes that had taken place around Nintendo these past 5 years. Whatever Smash Ultimate has captivates me.

With Nintendo's E3 showcase and their announcement of some new fighters coming to the roster ⁠— including freaking Banjo-Kazooie ⁠— it got me thinking: Who would I want to see added to the roster that is semi-plausible? I am not steeped in the video game world like I used to be, so I probably have no business making a list like this. I also have done literally *no* prior research as to why these fighters aren't already on rosters. In other words, it's possible that I list someone who has no chance to make a roster, ever. And I don't care, to be honest.

Da List, Comrade

Tails

If Sanic da Hordgeheg can be in the game why can't Tails?

Mike Tyson

Little Mac's uppercut has nothing on this...

It's called "Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!" after all. You can't tell me Iron Mike piecing up any other Smash character wouldn't be objectively hilarious.

Sora

Ok I lied. There was kind of a ranking and my number one was always gonna be Sora. He's from my favorite childhood video games "Kingdom Hearts I & II." He's been in plenty of Nintendo releases, like the original "Chain of Memories" which is a game that feels almost entirely forgotten, ironically.

Roxas

The main character of some bad Kingdom Hearts titles released on the 3DS. Great character design, though. Deserves to be in for practically the same reasons as Sora. Imagine a Final Smash with Keyblades!

Waluigi

How does he not make the roster?

What would I look like without this on my list?

Etna

I loved the "Disgaea" series as a kid, but I played predominantly on PlayStation products like the PSP. Etna was a super memorable character and I think she'd have a dope move set. It's hard to believe there are no characters from Disgaea in Smash already.

Crash Bandicoot

The "Crash" series is one I had to belatedly love. I missed it as a kid, frankly. However, with the "Crash Trilogy" being ported to the Switch, this is a possibility.

Conker

"Conker's Bad Fur Day" was the first video game I was way-too-young to play but still played the shit out of. The original on N64, specifically. I never owned the remaster for the original Xbox.

Crono

My brother used to play these RPG's called "Chrono Trigger" and "Chrono Cross" and the memories feel like fever dreams because I rarely, if at all, played them myself. Anyway, Crono is the main character and he's dope.

A Guitar Hero

This is Judy Nails from "Guitar Hero 3"

There was a "Guitar Hero" on the DS and if there can be a Fit Trainer fighter, anything is possible.

Follow Alejandro on Twitter and Instagram @AtSignAlejandro or @WhyNautsComedy for more content.