10 Things To Know Before Dating A Girl From Kansas City

"We are on a different side of the spectrum when it comes to relationships."

2747
Turner

Dating a girl from Kansas City is unlike any other relationship you could possibly have. We stray to the more unique side of life and tend to be a little more outgoing and ballsy than most.

I can tell you as a Kansas City girl myself: we are on a different side of the spectrum when it comes to relationships. In all the years I have spent moving to and from different states, I can tell you that Kansas City had the biggest impact on the way I think and act mentally and physically.

There are many ways to tell that the girl you’re dating is from Kansas City, but here are the main few:

1. We prefer a mix of adventuring.

It’s kind of a nice in between. It’s like we love our fair share of the country, but we also love the city too. I am completely content with driving down dirt roads and camping out at the lake, but I will also be stoked to spend time in the city walking through town and socializing. You won’t ever miss out on anything in life, which is awesome. We are typically down for just about any and every adventure, no matter where we need to go.

2. We know our way around, and can show you around.

Living in a mix of country and city, (I got the lucky opportunity of living in both, like most), we can show you around to some pretty cool spots. I don’t just know a small area of downtown, I know it all. And if you want to stroll through a few metro area towns and the country as well, we can do that too. Again, there are really no limits.

3. We are really honestly okay with doing the dirty work.

When it comes to stuff that most women don’t like to do, we are more than willing to. I am okay with killing the big spiders, with cleaning out the wasp-infested shed, and spending hours in the dirt moving pipes. Yeah, this is more on the country side than the city side, but it comes in handy when you live in the city too. House maintenance and last-minute car breakdowns are our specialty.

4. We will typically be more than willing to watch sports with you.

With living in crown town, there comes a huge responsibility - You have to be a football and baseball fan. We all know what teams I’m talking about, too. Chiefs and Royals. Although Arrowhead stadium is nothing like Memorial stadium, it’s an enjoyable time and I can get into the sports. In fact, the women in Kansas City might like sports more than the guys.

5. There’s never a boring day with a girl from KC.

Especially living in Kansas City, most people will certainly agree it’s extremely hard to get bored. You could go to a new place almost every night for months straight and not be able to go to all of them. And since we know our way around, we probably have connections and can show you all the things other people out of state don’t get to experience.

6. Road trips are what we do for a living, basically.

Since the KC metro area is so large, some of the cities are quite a distance away. Now, from Olathe to Overland Park for example, that isn’t bad at all. But from Gardner to Leawood, that can be a little bit of a drive. But don’t worry - we will make it a fun trip.

7. We know our limits.

In Kansas City, the surrounding is way different than other places. There are some spots that are lenient with what you do, and some places that are reasonably strict. For the most part, it’s pretty lenient. The police typically don’t pull you over for going 7 miles over the speed limit in town, and if you’re at the fields at night at a ridiculous time, it would never be trespassing. A house party is just “mild noise” and you can probably even get away with an “apartment” party. So, we know what routes to take, the things we need to be careful and cautious about, and if we do get in trouble, we are always prepared. It’s really, really hard to be disliked in KC.

8. We are extremely diverse.

Now, when I say diverse, I am saying we are very, very accepting. Although stereotypes may steer you wrong, the truth is - everyone will treat you the same no matter what your sex, race, religion, or whatever else is. We look at personality, so when we are with you, we are with YOU. Looks are a bonus. But we aim for knowing people and surrounding ourselves with people whose personalities are of good nature.

9. You’ll save money with us.

Kansas City isn’t necessarily “cheap," but we know where to find the things we want/need for just the right price if not better.

10. We are very, very busy people.

People from Kansas City are not often lazy people. There are plenty of jobs to suffice, and there is so much to do we basically have to keep our wheels turning til they fall off. Which, won’t be happening any time soon.