10 Spring Break Date Ideas If You Live On Long Island

A few must-do activities for those staying on the Island.

495
NationalPicnicWeek

For the last few weeks, I've been steadily searching for things to do to keep my long distance boyfriend busy for his visit over break. Although I originally thought that this task would be a simple one, it actually proved to be pretty difficult. My mind continually flitted to the same things we always do: Movies? But there's nothing good playing. Restaurants? But we can only eat so much. After brainstorming for what seemed like forever, I eventually created a list of activities for his visit, and even thought of a few extra! Hopefully, some of these ideas will help to inspire you to plan a perfect day of your own— whether they be with a significant other or with some of your closest friends!

1. Picnicking at Avalon Park & Preserve

Arguably one of the most beautiful nature preserves on the island, it has some of the most beautiful flowers and art pieces that I've ever seen. Avalon is the perfect picnic spot for over break!

2. Skipping stones at Cedar Beach

Although it may be too cold to be laying out on the beach just yet, it isn't too early to be enjoying the water. However, if you're like me and can't skip rocks, that's OK too. It's never too late to learn, right?

3. Visiting the NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade

Between the music, food, and drinks, the parade is definitely worth the trip out to the city.

4. Exploring the Brookhaven Wildlife & Ecology Center

The animal preserve is home to over one hundred animals, all of which have been brought to the center due to injury and are unable to be rereleased into the wild. So not only are you having fun, but you're also supporting a great organization!

5. Learning how to Jet-Ski

Jet-Skiing isn't for the faint-hearted, but it's a lot of fun and rentals are not nearly as expensive as many assume! Doing this will leave you with a memory that will last forever.

6. Visiting the Long Island Aquarium

If you love the ocean, visiting the aquarium is a must-do. Seeing all of the different types of fish is a lot of fun— my favorite part is feeding the stingrays!

7. Sunset watching at Montauk Point

The Montauk Lighthouse is one of the most beautiful spots on the Island. Seeing the sunset reflected in the water is unlike anything else, and is something everyone should experience at least once.

8. Taking a ferry to Fire Island

I mean, spending your day perusing shops, eating delicious food and walking along the shore sounds like a winning combination to me.

9. Canoeing up the Peconic River

Although a lot of people might be apprehensive to do this, I can guarantee that you'll love it way more than you could ever imagine. It's a lot of fun and makes for a lot of laughs.

10. Participating in a NYC Pizza Tour

This has to be the most exciting addition to my list. During a pizza tour, you'll be traveling through the city and trying some of the best pizzas around. I love pizza, and I still can't even believe that this is a real thing.