10 Conversations That You Avoided Having On Christmas, Or At Least Tried To

How about we talk about it... never.
77

Christmas is a time to be with family and celebrate a holiday that will forever be a favorite. But, as you get older, the table becomes a place where you have all of your family members asking questions that you would rather not discuss on such a joyful holiday. Please, save it for another day like never.

1. “So, have you met anyone at school?”

I like how my family is more concerned with my love life than I am. Well, I wouldn't even call it a love life. I would call it more of an observation of life as I awkwardly stare at boys and do absolutely nothing about it.

2. “What do you plan on doing after college?”

This always seems to follow with a statement about what they would do if the were me. Little do they know that I don't actually care. The less I think about it, the more I can pretend I will be in college forever without having to go into "the real world."

3. “Any internships yet?”

It's not as easy as it looks!!!

4. “How are your grades?”

I don't really know, I refuse to check. Checking is usually filled with disappointment so I decided to just save myself the headache.

5. “What were you wearing in that picture you posted? It looked a little revealing.”

Yes, it was. No, I don't care. I am in college so let me do what I want.

6. “Why don’t you have a job?”

You know I'm just really busy with school, homework, Netflix, eating, hanging out and other important stuff. Maybe next year.

7. “I saw Sarah's mom posted about this club Sarah joined at school. Do you do anything?”

If you count watching an entire season in two days then yes, I do stuff.

8. “What happened to Billy from high school? He seemed like a nice guy.”

You take a look at his Snapchat stories, and then let me know what you think.

9. “I saw a picture of you on Facebook with a red cup. What was in it?”

Oh, that... it was just coffee, we ran out of mugs. We were studying all day so our other cups were all dirty.

10. “ Let's discuss your bank statement, and tell Aunt Margret what you've been spending all of your money on.”

How about we wait until later so we don't cause a scene at the table? Thank you! P.S. Aunt Margret would totally back me up when I say that Uber is for my safety and those food charges are for my health and growth.