10 Common Thoughts of a Pinterest Addict

Pinterest isn't just a website, it's a way of life.

26
Jess Lively

According to my boards, I am not only organized, fashionable, and crafty, but I achieved these qualities very easily. Pinterest can be an escape from the reality of your t-shirt filled closet, or a black hole waiting to suck you in, and once you create that "future wedding" board, there's no turning back. The world of Pinterest is full of vast oceans filled with designer handbags and DIY projects. Somehow, this magical land has convinced you that you can change your life in the easiest ways possible, as long as you pin a picture to a board.

1."Thank God these cupcakes are healthy."

There is no way that extreme double chocolate cupcake dipped in edible glitter will be unhealthy, because the pretty blue font above the picture said so. And this kale smoothie with extra spinach will also be super tasty because the group of girls drinking them on the beach are having the time of their lives, all because of this smoothie.

2. "I need this outfit."

One of the most addicting areas of Pinterest is the clothes. Especially after learning the 15 different ways you can wear this one shirt, you have to have it, no matter what. Beware: looking at your closet filled with sweatpants and T-shirts after an afternoon of pinning can quickly shift your mood from inspired to utterly disappointed.

3. "I will have my dream body by next Tuesday."

Adding the "30 day butt challenges" to your fitness board is one step closer to putting your workout clothes on and heading to the gym. But once you scroll down and see the matching "30 day arm challenge" and "30 day leg challenge," you have just become your own glorified personal trainer. Since you are now a personal trainer, doing all 30 days of these challenges are not necessary, and a five day challenge seems much more appropriate.

4. "I am the Picasso of my generation."

Yes, it is possible for me to make a professional canvas, and I will become rich after selling it on Etsy. These painting skills do not stop at canvases folks, they also apply to nail art.

5 "Occupation: professional Pinterest blogger."

Spending hours pinning extremely useful tips and tricks is just not enough, you must organize all your boards and make them look pretty with matching cover photos (side note: this may just be me, but I like it, and I am proud).

6. "I am a crafting goddess."

According to this post, all I need is some paint and a power sander, and I can turn my bedroom furniture into a page out of a vintage magazine. Then I will also be a hipster.

7. "My dorm room will look like this."

Yes, that full size, white leather couch will fit into your dorm, and you will never spill your coffee on it because of the full size coffee table, that will also fit into your dorm.

8. "I can pull off purple hair braided in three different ways."

The girl in the 4 minute tutorial just showed you how to make beach waves in her luscious purple hair in a 4 minute tutorial, so you have no excuse not to try it.

9. "Side Occupation: Makeup Artist."

Pinterest posts will either tell you to spend your life savings on makeup at Sephora, or $20 at Target. Either way, the girl in the video said it will change your life, so it's worth it.

10. "Has it really been three hours?"

Binge watching an entire season of Parks and Rec is one thing, but binge pinning pictures of Ben and Leslie, yummy waffle recipes, and easy hairstyles at the same time is a whole new level of binging.