1. Limit yourself.
We don't need to see every second of you, or your child's life.
2. Don't try to be too artsy.
The balance of cool font, filters, and artsy angles is a delicate one.
3. Never post an Insta when you're drunk.
You could have thought of a way cooler caption if you weren't so wasted.
4. Hold back on the PDA.
Nobody really needs to see a picture of you making out with you boyfriend.
5. No screenshots or memes -- clear sign you don't know how Insta works.
6. Taking down a picture when it doesn't get enough likes is acceptable.
However, if I catch you posting it again four hours later I'll judge you.
7. Picstiches are a thing of the past.
Learn how to make a collage, or just post single pic.
8. Hashtags are limited to a maximum of six. And even that is #pushingit.
9. Never like something the second it's posted.
10. Selfies: no duck face, no more than three in a row, and no inspirational quote captions.
We all know you posted it -- you think you look good, not to inspire the masses.