10 Coffee Shops In Virginia You're Sure To Love

Eat Sleep Coffee Repeat

170

Coffee, oh coffee. Whether sweet and savory or black and bold you are the real reason I'm truly alive. If you're anything like me, you honestly need it to survive. Well, I've been doing a bit of searching and found a few different local coffee shops in RVA and then a few outside of Richmond and all around Virginia. So to all you coffee addicts, check these out!

1. Main Street Coffeehouse, Chincoteague

This little coffee house is so adorable and very yummy. Main Street Coffeehouse is located on well Main street (obviously) right as you cross the bridge into Chincoteague. It gives off a very "homey" feel and is definitely a tourist attraction. Not only do they sell amazing coffee and muffins, but they also have a cute little gift shop with clothes, books, and little things that we all love. If you ever find yourself in this cute little island I recommend stopping here. You won't regret it!

2. Mill Mountain Coffee, Roanoke

This coffee shop is my absolute favorite. With two locations (one in center of the square and one located at Tanglewood Mall) this urban and very rustic coffeehouse is not only a favorite to tourists, but to locals as well. When I lived in Roanoke/Ferrum for the year I did, the first thing I did was scope out a coffee shop to go to anytime I went into the city. When I found this, I was so excited. They have fantastic food, and of course amazing coffee. My personal recommendation is a Hazelnut Latte with a biscotti. You won't be disappointed!

3. The Desserterie, Midlothian

Coming in at number 3, the Desserterie in Midlothian Virginia. This small little coffee/dessert shop gives the feel of warmth as you walk through the door. With a variety of smells, it lives up well to it's name. Every pastry is handmade by their sous chef and it's so delicious. Oh and not to mention the gelato is impeccable, won't find it like that anywhere else! They also have AMAZING coffee. It's strong but delicious. The owner only uses the best coffee. But it doesn't end with just desserts. The Desserterie also serves lunch, dinner and brunch on Sundays! And let me tell you, the food is INCREDIBLE. It's the perfect spot for a date night! So stop in to the Desserterie! You won't regret it.

4. Carytown Coffee, Midlothian

Carytown coffee is so delicious. The little coffee shop in Midlothian Virginia, right next to Bon Secours comes in at number 4. The urban coffeehouse gives such a positive vibe off to customers as they walk in the door, not to mention the staff is very sweet. They have a variety of coffees and treats that are very good! Look out for them at night, they do special nights like Karaoke Nights! So cool.

5. Lamplighter Cafe, Richmond

Coming in at number 5, Lamplighter Roasting Company in Richmond. This adorable cafe is tucked away in a beautiful residential area of the Fan. It gives off a very hipster like vibe when you walk through the door. Coffee is amazing as well as the food. Local Richmonders love this coffee shop. Plus the customer service is amazing. There are a lot of options, but if you're a vegan, this place is definitely a good spot to get coffee and goodies. So stop by the lamplighter roasting company! You won't be sorry!

6. Bad Ass Coffee, Virginia Beach

Number 6. Bad ass coffee. With a name like that, who wouldn't want to go? Located on the oceanfront in Virginia Beach, this beachy little coffee shop is a great place to grab some coffee, a pastry and hit the beach! This coffee shop originally started in Hawaii, and got it's name due to the donkey's that hauled coffee beans down the Hawaiian mountainside. The coffee is 100% organic Kona coffee beans. They also have all homemade wraps, sandwiches, and pastries. So the next time you're on the Oceanfront, stop by for some badass coffee!

7. Northside Social Coffee and Wine, Arlington

Coming in at number 7, Northside Social Coffee and Wine. Located in the heart of Arlington Virginia, this is definitely a girls trip to remember. It gives off a great vibe of being a great gathering place. On the first floor, you can enjoy a cozy atmosphere of couches and chairs along with some great coffee (can you say Friend's flashback?) and other great treats like pastries, sandwiches, and ice cream! Then on the second floor you have a wine bar which makes for a great social hour! So stop by Northside Social! It'll be a trip to remember.

7. Bean Tree Cafe, Lynchburg

Number 7, Bean Tree Cafe. Located in Lynchburg Virginia, this little "cornerstone coffeeshop" gives off a very rustic/urban feel to it. All their coffee is homegrown in Virginia and it comes from Rosetta Coffee and Co. Stop by the next time you're in Lynchburg! You won't regret it.

8. GRIT Coffee Shop, Charlottesville

This urban coffee shop, is located near UVA in Charlottesville. Originally named Para Coffee, the urban shop is the founder's vision and love for Virginia culture, food and coffee. Everything is delicious. All homemade coffee and food this coffee shop is definitely a place to try! And I mean who wouldn't love a coffee bar?

9. Land of a Thousand Hills, Daleville

Coming in at number 9, Land of a Thousand Hills. This is such a cool coffee shop in my opinion. This is a franchised coffee shop in other states, and with the motto "Drink Coffee, Do Good" this coffeehouse is definitely worth the drive to try. Founded in 2005, Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee Co. actually partnered with Rwandan farmers and their communities to grow 100% Arabica coffee. Which helps not only us, but provides jobs for those farmers and their families in local Rwandan communities. How cool is that? Stop by and visit this cozy coffeehouse nestled in Daleville. Not only will you enjoy a delicious cup of coffee, but you can give back! So awesome.

10. The Lab by Alchemy Coffee, Richmond

Coming in at number 10, The Lab by Alchemy Coffee in Richmond. Located off of West Broad St in the city of Richmond, customers rave about this very different but cool coffee shop. With it's open spaces and large windows looking out into RVA streets, this shop offers more than just all the coffee, it offers cool reads like historical nonfiction, graphic novels, classic reads, best selling novels and even cookbooks. It gives off a very cool vibe when you walk through the door. If you're ever in the Richmond area, make the trip to The Lab by Alchemy Coffee. You won't regret it.

From Roanoke to Richmond, Arlington to Virginia Beach and even out into the Eastern Shore, you're sure to find some amazing coffee shops. So plan a road trip with some friends and hit up all these coffee shops! You won't be sorry you did.