10 Bomb Local Coffee Shops In Greenville, SC

The best local coffee shops in the heart of Greenville, South Carolina

3836
Margie Henson

Greenville, SC is one of the biggest up and coming cities in South Carolina and they continue to have a great local coffee scene. Since I live and grew up here, I thought it'd be interesting to share some of my favorite places in the area. Greenville consistently has new and great coffee places all around the county.

1. Due South Coffee Roasters in Taylors, SC

Due South Coffee Roaster is probably one of the main places that come to mind when thinking of local coffee shops in Greenville. Due South is located in Taylors, and is right inside of an old mill that's been repurposed into artist studios, a wedding venue, and even a brewery! This coffee shop is a personal favorite of mine and is really good to study at, meet with friends, or just relax.

2. The Village Grind in downtown West Greenville

The Village Grind is located in West Greenville, which is a slowly become an artsy scene in downtown. They serve specialty coffees (the honey lavender latte is to DIE for) as well as fresh pastries and lunch options. This place is a favorite due to the aesthetic layout and the chill music that is constantly played here.

3. Leopard Forest Coffee in Downtown TR

Leopard Forest has been in downtown Travelers Rest, SC for years. It is very cute and quaint and right near the Swamp Rabbit Trail, so it is a good stop during a run or bike ride. The breakfast items are always really good, as is their coffee. This coffee shop is good to study or read or take a break from an outdoor activity nearby. The people are always super friendly and helpful, and they have good hours.

4. Tandem Coffee and Creperie in Downtown TR

If you live in Greenville, then Tandem is a classic place to go to. Right off the Swamp Rabbit Trail in downtown Travelers Rest, it is the perfect place for brunch or just to fill that random crepe craving. Tandem is also near Paris Mountain or Pretty Place, so it is good for those mornings when you want to see the sunrise there and then just stop by for a crepe and some Counter Culture Coffee. Tandem has both sweet and savory crepes, as well as gluten free crepes and waffles. They always have different seasonal options available to try.

5. Spill the Beans in downtown Greenville

Spill the Beans is located right next to Falls Park in downtown Greenville. They have a good selection of both ice cream and coffee which is perfect for those hot days downtown. With over 2,000,000 coffees served over the years, they certainly know what they are doing.

6. Port City Java in downtown Greenville

Port City Java is a really good coffee place to try in downtown Greenville. They have good prices and well-sized options for a relatively low price. The menu is seemingly endless with so many options of coffee, with over 20 different options to choose from. They have good pastries, as well as gluten free options! The staff is always really friendly and this is definitely a good place to stop at for a good cup of coffee.

7. Bex Cafe and Juice Bar in downtown Greenville

Bex Cafe is located in West End of downtown Greenville and is a nice cafe with lots of different options. They have smoothies, juices, espresso, coffee, and breakfast/lunch options. Bex has been open since 2015 and has since flourished greatly. This place is local from the start and continues to be a popular local spot to relax at. All the food and fruits come from local and organic places when possible.

8. Coffee Underground

Coffee Underground is located right off Coffee Street in downtown Greenville, SC. They have a plethora of different brunch, dinner, and drink options. This is a perfect place to get food that isn't too pricey in downtown Greenville, as well as going on a date or just studying. The coolest thing is how there is also a small theater that has comedy and performers and also how they are literally underground.

9. Methodical Coffee

Methodical Coffee is located in downtown Greenville right near Tupelo Honey and Mast General Store. This place is known for their cool aesthetics, friendly people, and their signature cups. This is the perfect place to stop by for a quick coffee and head on to your day!

10. Swamp Rabbit Cafe

Swamp Rabbit Cafe is located right off the Swamp Rabbit Trail and is THE spot for local groceries, food, and coffee. They are the heart and soul of local food places in Greenville, SC. All their food and grocery items come from over 200 local growers and makers in the county. It is everything in one, as it is a market, bakery, cafe, and pizza shop. Everything here in the bakery and pizza part is homemade, and no matter what you get, you cannot seem to go wrong! Everyone that works here is super friendly and happy to be of service to you. Definitely a fan-favorite in Greenville!