10 Bible Verses For When Life Is Uncertain

Words you can cling to when you aren't sure of what's next.

70812
Pizabay

We all go through times when we aren't sure of what's coming next. No matter who you are or what you do, you will experience seasons of uncertainty. Whether you are graduating college and have no idea what the next few years will look like, or you are awaiting test results from your doctor, life can be unforeseeable. We can plan ahead, eat healthy, fill out application after application in order to prepare for what is to come but sometimes it seems as though nothing can set us up for unpredictable situations.

In times like these, it's easy to fall into a pit of anxiety and allow worry to rule over your thoughts. When we fall into that pit, we are unable to live presently because our thoughts are being hijacked by tomorrow's concerns. It can feel like your own life is out of your control. That is one of the scariest feelings.

So what can we do in these moments when awaiting circumstances seem fickle and unsteady? Cling to the Word of God. It is constant, invariable, and always there in time of need. It is absolutely necessary to keep the Word of God hidden in our hearts so that we can call upon it to remind us of the nature of God and His plans for us. From personal experience, I can tell you that there are some things I would not have been able to endure had it not been for the unceasing Voice of God expressed in scriptures like these.

God's Word is a consistent force of sustenance in our lives in the midst of disorder and confusion. Sometimes, it might be the only thing that gets you through but it will always get you through.

Here are some passages that have gotten me through.

1. Zephaniah 3:17

"The LORD your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

2. 1 Corinthians 2:9

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

3. Matthew 6:26

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

4. Philippians 4:6-7

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

5. Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

6. 1 Peter 5:6-7

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."

7. Psalm 56:3

"When I am afraid, I put my trust in You."

8. Proverbs 16:3

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and He will establish your plans."

9. Romans 8:28

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

10. Philippians 1:6

"Be confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."