10 Quarantine Activities To Keep Your Mind & Body Active

1. Practicing Yoga And Mindfulness

Yoga is a great, relaxing way to keep your body and mind moving! Yoga can help reduce stress, anxiety, and help cope with things like depression and improve quality of life. In a time like this, it is a great way to take a mental break while also taking care of you and your body. There are even yoga poses you can do in the comfort of your own bed! Na-ma-stay in bed alllll day.

2. Painting (with an optional twist)

Painting or coloring is a simple and great outlet to express creativity and individualism. Painting is also said to help in relieving stress and anxiety, and it is a super cheap way to spice up any space in your humble abode!

3. Reading A Good Book

Even for those of us who might not enjoy reading, there is always that one book you've had your eye on but never had the time to read. Well, now is our time, my fellow reading procrastinators! I used to love reading - especially a book I was interested in, not one I was forced to read - but I never seemed to have enough time to be able to sit down long enough to actually read it. No excuses now, grab your favorite cozy-day beverage and get those eyes to work!

4. Indulging In A Fun At-Home Workout 

To some of us, even reading sounds better than this, but there are some really fun and creative ways to get your workout in - even if it is just for ten minutes. I personally have done Mario Kart themed workouts, backyard yoga classes, and even reality TV at-home workouts. Now is the time to work on that summer body, so get movin'!

5. Trying Out A New Recipe 

Pinterest is one of the many quarantine-recipe best friends. Now is a better time than ever to put our baking and cooking skills to the test and try out some new, fun recipes! Plus, I hear quarantine-cookies are the ultimate comfort food; they are delicious and will make the house smell amazing.

6. Having Your Very Own Mini-Spa Day 

For all my ladies missing their manis, pedis, and everything in between, this is for you! There are so many simple and easy at-home-recipes for hair and skin products like sugar scrubs, masks, and even foot soaks. Get your self-care on during this quarantine by setting the mood and making your very own personalized at-home spa day.

7. Tackling A New Puzzle 

Whether we are in quarantine with our loved ones, or alone, puzzles are a great way to practice patience and challenge your mind. Whether it is a one thousand piece puzzle, or a fifty piece puzzle, it does not matter! We all know nothing is more satisfying than getting that final piece and seeing all that hard work pay off.

8. Going For A Scenic Walk 

Enjoy the sunshine, and breathe in the fresh-air - while also practicing the art of social distancing, of course! Whether it is on a scenic nature trail, or through your own neighborhood, getting some fresh-air and embracing the outdoors is a great way to give your mind a break and get your body moving. Time to get those steps in!

9. Building A Movie-Day Fort

What better way to reminisce on the good ole' days than by building the MOST extra movie-day fort. Grab some popcorn, pillows, and all the fuzzy blankets you can find. It'll help change up your binge-watching and provide a fun activity for everyone of all ages!

10. Volunteering At Your Local Food Banks/Blood Banks 

Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community and provide a feeling of productivity and accomplishment for yourself. Our local food and blood banks need the help now more than ever, and there are so many easy and cheap ways to do your part. It is time for all of us to come together, and get through this as a community and as a world!

Stay safe, healthy, and get your mind and body moving!