How you should be embracing your Vulnerability
Health Wellness

How You Should Be Embracing Your Vulnerability

"What makes you vulnerable, makes you beautiful" - Brene Brown

90
https://www.pexels.com/photo/man-and-women-holding-hand-715807/

What do you think of when you hear the word, vulnerability?

Probably it's fear, being weak, or broken.

These are the emotions people experience when they reveal a part of themselves to others.

First of all, you need to know that Vulnerability is not a sign of weakness and if you embrace it, it can be your biggest strength. Many of us struggle with vulnerability because of fear, but we also fail to realize the ways we protect and distance ourselves from others.

No matter how much you try avoid, everyone is vulnerable. Your association with vulnerability needs awareness of it in order to strengthen your mental and emotional being. Ignoring your insecurities won't help you overcome it but make you afraid of it. Putting away those feelings are never good for you.

You must accept your vulnerability in order to have personal growth. We are all vulnerable and have certain insecurities that we want to avoid. But think about it, Do you really wanna live a life thinking of what people might think of you.

1. Vulnerability makes your discomfort comfortable 

The more you embrace vulnerability and the state of being uncomfortable, the more comfortable you will be with expanding your comfort zone. It might sound confusing but its true. The more you accept your insecurities, the more confident you're gonna be.

2. Break Free

Take that shield off and break free at some point. It means letting go of things that you might have not enjoyed. Letting go of failed relationships, failed projects, and anything in your past where you felt like you were let down. There is a great power in embracing your vulnerability. Until you let go and focus on the present, what you want to achieve like happiness won't be true. Don't be scared to let go.

3. Watch this TED Talk

This ted talk is a great video that talks about vulnerability. Brene Brown says how "The only people who don't experience shame have no capacity for human empathy or connection." Don't ever feel like you're not enough or don't feel a certain connection. Being aware that everyone feels at some point in their life feels vulnerable helps you feel more comfortable letting your own guard down.

The Power of Vulnerability

Vulnerability is a great thing to have. You might think it is a bad thing to be insecure and be vulnerable but the reality is that it is what can really help you grow if you embrace it.

Go ahead, try it. I promise you will feel different (in a good way) :)