4 Reasons Why You Might Be Single

4 Reasons Why You Might Be Single

Please turn the dramatic music off. It's 12 a.m., you should be sleeping and not swiping left and right on Tinder.

85
4 Reasons Why You Might Be Single

Please turn the dramatic music off. It's 12 a.m., you should be sleeping and not swiping left and right on Tinder. It's not you. It's them. Are you comparing yourself to your local classmates who got married at the age of 15, had kids at 17, and bought a house at 19? Yeah, you know who I'm talking about. Well, STOP. Also, are you just sick of BEING SINGLE? Well, you're single for a reason, and it's not exactly a bad thing..

You want more than just a FWB

Okay, let's be VERY clear, it can be really cute to have a Netflix and Chill session occasionally but after a while, you want something more, and right now you're at that POINT. It's okay that you want more for yourself, because you value different things, you're discovering who you are, and you're also realizing what you don't want in a MAN. It's okay that you would rather be Michelle Obama, than Monica Lewinsky. I mean….unless you received a large lump sum from Bill, then Mrs. Lewinsky it is.

christine ouzounian house GIF Giphy

You might be picking the wrong guy

This is a simple mistake that a lot of girls and guys make. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU. BUT SIS.. HIM.. REALLY? I'm rolling my eyes through the screen because you know better! We tend to look at the Balenciaga's, the likes or even the stupid, idiotic shirtless pictures in the mirror. OR EVEN WORSE the very 'bro-douchebag' personality. My 9th grade teacher also told me 'you have fun with the bad guys, you marry the good guys.' Here's a tip- if he has his fraternity letters in his BIO, log off.. throw your phone and run away as fast as you can because he's about to ruin your life.

Paris Hilton Running GIF by MOODMAN Giphy

You're not 'putting out' like some

We've all been there before. You see her, she has all the guys and you say to yourself 'wait a minute how does this happen.. I'm Beyoncé." GIRL IT'S BECAUSE SHE'S PUTTING OUT. and some people will say 'oh it's because she has confidence.' AS IF!!! If that's what confidence looks like, then just call me Amy Winehouse because I said NO NO NO. Girl, stick to being you. Don't do something that's not genuine because you want male attention. Yes, we all want male attention but at what expense?? Whoever is meant for you will come. Sis, I'm not saying tomorrow but he's COMING. My friend told me something so beautiful one day. She said 'God has you hidden, and whoever doesn't see your glory isn't meant for you.' Okay but seriously God, can you take me out of hiding for at least 5 minutes? That's another conversation for another sad day.

Interested Kim Kardashian GIF Giphy

You're in the wrong state

Pack your bags and go find your man. Just kidding, we're in a pandemic! Maybe just maybe, you're not in the right state. Maybe your man isn't in Mississippi, or Alabama. Maybe he's in Alaska or even Utah. Idk, he's somewhere. If your hometown guys are deplorable, then that's a sign. I don't know how you're going to get there, but get there fast because he might be with 'HER' in a bar. But don't worry, you're Michelle Obama, and doesn't Michelle have Barrack? Okay, NEXT CASE.

Michelle Obama Dancing GIF by BET Giphy

You're single because damn you just want to be single

Sometimes, it's really not that deep. There's no mathematical equation as to why you're SINGLE. You could just simply like being single. You love sleeping peacefully at night knowing you don't have to worry about if your boyfriend is cheating on you. You love wearing what you want, going where you want, and DOING WHAT YOU WANT. You're self sufficient. I find that beautiful. A man doesn't make or break who you are, they just add. You don't need a man, you want a man. Ask yourself this if you're ever in a dilemma about a guy 'is he a liability or is he an asset to my life?" If the answer is he's a liability, then peace and love shawty.

Real Housewives Goodbye GIF Giphy