Why Happiness Is The Most Attractive Trait

Happiness makes you beautiful; being beautiful does not make you happy.

2936

We are constantly surrounded by people all throughout our lives. Due to the rise of social media and the glamorized society that we so happen to live in today, we are constantly showed airbrushed, photoshopped, skinny models who are smiling on a tropical island somewhere with a nice cold drink.

We think: "Why can't we look like these 'beautiful' and 'attractive' people?" We begin to question our own happiness when reflecting on superficial formalities such as one's looks and one's way of life.

Real beauty isn't that easy, though. It isn't a fabulous tan, a size-two body and a perfect wardrobe. It isn't a nice Rolex watch, fresh haircut and the newest Air Jordans. It's not about what we have or what we look like. True beauty hides within each and every one of us and comes out through a little thing that we call happiness.

1. Happy people love themselves for who they are.

People who are genuinely happy don't feel the need to search for satisfaction within others. They accept and embrace both their physical and emotional appearances, regardless of whether they receive the same approval from others. Instead of wallowing in what others would define as weaknesses or imperfections, they work to make the best of their lives.

When you look at someone who is smiling from their soul, you can see a light that’s shining out of them that just isn’t there when they’re not. It stops you cold and warms your heart. Seeing a real genuine smile will make even the so-called "ugliest" people beautiful. When people radiate positive energy they make other people feel better as well.

2. Happy people do beautiful acts.

Happy people are more likely to be kind and seek the best in others. They’re the ones who perform random acts of kindness for complete strangers. They crave happiness from others because they know how beautiful life can be when you live a happy one.

They have so much love in their heart because they’ve found a way to fill their own cup; to make themselves happy. That makes them willing and able to spread happiness as far as they can. They don't necessarily do it to feel good, but because they want others to feel that way too.

3. Happy people are the best supporters in friendships and relationships.

Unlike other people, genuinely happy people appreciate and celebrate others' accomplishments. There is nothing attractive about being jealous of others, especially when it's of someone that you love and care about. People should try to build others up, not tear each other down.

While competition is good, the reason for it is to be the best that you can and drive one another to succeed. When jealousy and maliciousness come out, we are only hurting ourselves and those around us. Happy people will forever boost others up and feel genuine joy when others accomplish great things.

4. Happy people live in the present.

As fun as reminiscing about the past or fantasizing about the future can be, nothing will ever be done anywhere besides the present and happy people tend to realize that. Happy people make the most of every single moment because they know that everything is temporary. From the motivation given, being present can also come in handy for truly appreciating those moments of relaxation, allowing yourself to be truly in them rather than distracted by future concerns.

Happiness is the most attractive trait of all. Being around someone who constantly looks at life negatively can take a toll on others. Of course, everyone has their bad days and has a right to be sad, but looking on the brighter side can really be beneficial to you.

Happy people have a certain glow to them that just radiates onto other people. By not letting certain issues such as money and politics completely affect your entire state of being, you see life in a new way.

Happiness affects your health, relationships and surroundings. You start to see things in a new light. The only way to start being happy is to start being happy. You can't put your happiness into other people's hands because 10 times out of 10, you will end up sad and hurt.

Always remember, you are in charge of your own happiness, just as every other thing in your life. You make what you want out of this unpredictable, temporary life. Don't spend these days miserable. Happiness makes you beautiful, and who doesn't love to look better and feel better every day?

"I think happiness is what makes you pretty. Period. Happy people are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect that happiness." – Drew Barrymore