Not many things in this world upset me. It takes a lot for someone to be on my bad side or for something to really make me sad. What gets me every time is when I see someone living their life in the unhappiest way possible. I don't understand why someone would want to live their only life on this Earth hating everyone and everything around them. What good is that doing to you? It only makes you hate yourself because you can't find happiness in the simplest joys in life.

Over a year ago, I decided to completely change my outlook on life and make sure that I was always at my happiest state. I've noticed a complete shift in my life since doing that. Since always thinking positively, I have found myself surrounded by the most amazing friends, great relationships with my family, and find positive things coming into my life.

If you truly want to make your life the happiest it can be, all you need to do is constantly surround yourself with positivity. I discovered new music, youtube videos and many quotes about happiness that have changed my life. Some of my favorite quotes are:

“Be so happy that when others look at you, they become happy too”.

“No matter the amount of negativity you’re presented with, five minutes from now could be your best moment”.

My favorite quote of all is “stay smiling”. To me, it’s not only a phrase but it’s a movement.

Living a happy life doesn’t mean that you won't be sad or upset ever, but it means that those bad moments that you have will be completely overshadowed by all the positive thoughts you feel. If I ever have a negative thought, I just think to myself “stay smiling” and then I think about why being upset won't matter.

Your life will seriously change if you decide to dedicate it to happiness. This is no joke. Being happy is truly the only cure to anything.

I cannot stress how important I think it is to not be negative all the time. Nobody wants to be around that and you're only ruining yourself thinking that way.

Choose happiness because it will make you feel better and give you a whole new outlook on life.

I'm not always happy, but the majority of my time I am. I feel so blessed to have been able to discover how important it is to take life day by day and not to stress out about the little things.

No matter what you feel about life, I believe its important to always be looking up. Don't look back on the past, or look down at yourself because you can only go up. You can't change the past, but you can change the future and the first step to doing that is to be happy and to stay smiling.