What is a Zumba Glow Party

Zumba Glow Party Isn't A Workout, It's A Celebration

The best way to sweat it out is to dance it out.

nczupek
nczupek
22

One of my resolutions this Nyear was to try and engage in new things that I had never done before. So often, I fall into the trap of repetitiveness doing the same things time after time and never mix it up. I wanted to open myself up to new opportunities and passions, especially when it came to working out.

Over winter break, I had the chance to participate in a different type of workout than I normally do. It was called a Zumba Glow Party, and it was definitely a fun time. The amount of high energy and fun that courses through the program kept me engaged and entertained the entire time.

Going into the class, I did not know what to expect. The Facebook event detail only described the event as a "high-paced fun workout that incorporates modern night-life with aerobic dancing." With the lack of detail, it was hard to know what I would be walking into. Was I going to be dancing around a room with paint everywhere? Was I going to be throwing paint while dancing like a member of the Blue Man Group? What I never expected, however, was the scene I actually walked into.

It was like a typical Zumba class with an instructor leading a high-intensity dance routine to upbeat songs that got the blood pumping. But the pitch black room illuminated by only a black light and glow paint made it feel less like an exercise class and more like a rave. It no longer felt like I was in some small tranquil yoga studio—instead, I felt like I had been transported to an underground club in the city.

Exercising is not supposed to be some dreaded task that creates anxiousness and discomfort. It should be fun and challenging.

Mixing high energy dancing with glow paint and backlights may be what could make exercise more fun. This new type of workout is something that I feel like a lot of people would enjoy if they gave it a chance. Walking into it not knowing what to expect can be kind of scary but the results are well worth it.

Overall, a Zumba Glow Party is something I would definitely attend again. It was different yet fun and exciting. It introduced me to another new fun side of working out. It was so easy in the darkness to just let loose and act like I was at a party rather than focusing on the intense and breathless cardio induced state I was entering. Plus, with the darkness, no one could see how terrible of a dancer I am so that is always an added bonus for those who are shy or self-conscious. I encourage anyone looking for a fun way to work out to give a Zumba Glow Party a chance! It may become your new favorite way to get fit.