Zootopia: The Best Movie Ever.

Zootopia: The Best Movie Ever.

Everywhere else in the world, however, it is called Zootropolis.

595
Zootopia: The Best Movie Ever.
Reddit

- this article may contain spoilers -

For those of you who don't know or didn't see one of the greatest movies in the history of movies, Zootopia is everything you needed in a movie and more.

Zootopia is an animated movie that hit theatres in early 2016. It tells the story of an aspiring bunny cop and a con artist fox who must work together to uncover a massive mystery in a city of anthropomorphic animals.

Cool right?

The characters are voiced by some of the greats such as Ginnifer Goodwin, Jason Bateman, Idris Elba, Octavia Spencer, Shakira, and many more.

Zootopia is a Disney animated movie that explores the very relevant issues of misconception and acceptance, prejudice and intolerance. These deeper issues have not been tackled in this way, shape or form in an animated movie yet and for Disney to introduce and educate youngsters (the movie's target audience) to these on going issues in such a grasping and entertaining way is incredible. They have raised the bar high for the next few animated movies that will be releasing later this year and in the following years whose characters will be tackling problems much greater than a love triangle or running away.

The movie is different than other animated movies because the characters live in a modern world designed by animals rather than in the natural world or the human world. In the land of Zootopia, animals can be whomever and whatever they want to be. However, just like in today's society, the main characters deal with small minded xenophobia that prevents different races from living in harmony and with each other. It's honestly a movie for all ages, kids and adults.

Not to mention that the graphic designers for the movie really did research on how different species walk and look - they even have different sizes of the same species. In most animated movies that have villains and heroes, it's the dark and menacing creatures that portray the villains and the cute and fuzzy creatures that portray the heroes. This movie challenges those generalisations by showcasing that not everyone is who they seem and thinking in stereotypes leads to dangerous territory.

I'm not typically the type of person who obsesses over certain phenomenal animated shows for too long, but I saw Zootopia in theatres many times - both in 3D and 2D. The movie is also going to be released on Netflix soon which means that we can watch it over and over again!

Who wouldn't want to watch a movie where the main characters defy the stereotypes set in place for them and make names for themselves? Who wouldn't want to watch a movie where animals who, by nature, are supposed eat one another, coexist and work together? Who wouldn't want to watch a movie that reminds us, young and old, that we are good enough and that we can achieve anything we desire?

There is so much to be learned from this movie, which is also one of Disney's longest. It balances with all the jovial moments and the pop culture references. It truly is a movie to be enjoyed by all ages, all the time.

Also, let's be real. 'Try Anything', the song sung by the character Gazelle at the end of the movie, voiced by Shakira, is one of the catchiest songs Disney has ever produced apart from the Frozen soundtrack.