'Zoey 101' Perfectly Describes Midterm Season

The PCA gang understands the struggle.

42

During midterm season, things can get a tad hectic, to say the least. It’s filled with all-nighters, mental breakdowns, and Chinese food at 3 A.M.. In relation to what we’re all going through while taking these tests, “Zoey 101” unknowingly described the experience of midterm stress pretty well.

Realizing just how much you’re going to need to study during the in-class “review”

Watching all your friends go out while you have to stay in and study

Having a mental breakdown when you’ve got three midterms to study for, two major projects to finish, and club meetings to keep up with

Hanging out with friends becomes more stressful when you stop to think about all the work you have to get done.

When the teacher hands out the study guide (which happens to be the third one you’ve gotten this week)

Getting way too invested in social media posts, because that’s the closest you’ve gotten to actual to social interaction

Starting study groups and trying to teach each other key concepts from class

When your study breaks get weird because you “can’t even”

You realize you haven’t exercised in over two weeks because school has taken over your life

Your 7 A.M. alarm for an 8 A.M. midterm makes you question your sanity when you registered for any classes before noon

When your friends catch you watching Netflix after you said you were “really going to study this time”

Trying to stay positive when you know you didn’t do well on a test, but you haven’t seen the results yet

Going grocery shopping while you’re hungry and stressed beyond belief

Having deep conversations at 2 A.M. with your roommate during study breaks

Trying to express how done you are, but the sun is starting to rise and words are hard

Double-checking that the test was actually postponed, and that you aren’t hallucinating the email the professor sent out, just to be safe

Taking the day off and going to the beach with friends, because you totally made it