The (In)Famous Youtuber, Olivia Jade, Exposed

Did her parents pay 500K for Olivia to get into USC?

100

"The New York Times" published an article on March 12, talking about the latest News of Olivia Jade. Olivia is a famous influencer on social media from YouTube to Instagram in which she collectively upholds millions of followers.

After Olivia posted two advertisements on Instagram following her college pathway, people began to questions the legitimacy of her enrollment at USC.

On Tuesday, March 12th, a federal investigation began, known as "Operation Varsity Blues," which covers the concept of bribery and committing other forms of fraud to get admitted into the college of their dreams.

Some possible acts of fraud include: having children falsely designated as athletic recruits; bribing proctors to edit answers on standardized college-entry exams and hiring people to pose as students to raise grade-point averages.

Her parents are said to have paid $500K for both Olivia and her sister, Isabella, to be placed as recruits for the university's crew team.

It is one thing to try and get around things in grade school and high school, but when it starts to reach college education and graduate programs, that's when the intensity escalates. College over the past couple years has become more and more difficult to get into. And with inflation, prices just seem to keep getting higher and higher. That's why this topic is quite sensitive.

It is not right and extremely inhumane to pay your way into college when students are working hard their entire life to get into their dream school and most of them don't even make it there. USC is a very well known university and especially known for its journalism and communication school, which is recognized as one of the top programs in the country.

People need to earn a spot in that school, not just be handed a letter of acceptance into a program we all strive to be in as intellectual students.

I am a student in which I feel I have worked extremely hard to earn the spot I have been granted within the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism, but I also know my friends who got accepted into Ivy Leagues and UC schools, and the biggest thing that stood out to me was their work ethic.

We are being brought up into a generation in which things are handed to us, school has become easier in the sense that everything is on Google, we don't even have to read books anymore due to Spark Notes. We aren't being challenged enough as students, and now we have famous children being literally bought into the education program.

It is time for this kind of inhumane acts to stop and for children and parents to start realizing what hard work really looks like.

Remember we are all here for one reason, to get an education.