One YouTuber Is Giving Away A Semester's Worth of Tuition

Simply Nailogical is giving away a free semester of college to one lucky Canadian Subscriber.

256
canada flag

Calling all Canadian students! Do you want a free semester of college?? I know I do! It's basically every student's dream to not have to pay for college, and one very special YouTuber is making that dream come true for a Canadian student currently enrolled in a Canadian University.

Cristine Rotenberg, AKA Simply Nailogical on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/simplynailogical) has over 4 million subscribers. This beauty guru entertains her subscribers with funny videos on nails, her cat, Menchie, and her new 'Teach me how-to beauty Tour'. Cristine first announced this giveaway in her back-to-school video titled "“15 SAVAGE BACK 2 SCHOOL WEIRD HACKS 2017 U NEED NOW!!,”

Education is something that is very important to Cristine. Aside from her BA, she has a master’s in sociology and criminology and still works for the Canadian government as a crime statistics analyst. As one of the most popular vloggers out there, Rotenberg could probably quit this high-level gig and make her living from sponsored posts. Instead, she’s remained in her career and decided to devote her extra income to this life-altering giveaway.

She dives into a personal anecdote in this video about an experience she had working for a summer at a law firm. Her boss, a male attorney, asked her if she was only going to school to get her “Mrs. degree”, which was basically a sexist way of telling women they belong in the home, not the workplace. “For some reason, that moment has stuck with me for the past 10 years,” she says. “I’ve used it to motivate myself to go further in school and to try harder. … No matter how old you are or what field you’re in, don’t let anyone tell you your education isn’t important.”

The giveaway itself, light-heartedly named the 'Simply go to sChOoL Tuition Giveaway!' has officially ended as of August 26, 2017 at 9 p.m. EST. All students had to do was fill out a simple Google Docs form.

She is also very inspired by how her subscribers are reacting to the news. “The amount of positive comments and emails I’ve gotten from my audience who tell me they are inspired to work hard in school and for their futures has been overwhelming, and I wasn’t expecting it,” she says. “I think a lot of young people are smarter than people give them credit for.” She tells Yahoo Beauty.

What an amazing way to inspire students to keep going to school. Education is such an important part of a young person's life and it's always inspiring to see YouTubers and Public Figures using their fame for good! Way to go Cristine!