YouTube Is So Important

YouTube Is So Important

It's more than just a website, it's a family.

10
YouTube Is So Important

When you open up Chrome on your computer, you probably go to Facebook or Twitter. But there are some people who can’t resist from typing “youtube.com” into the search bar. And when the page loads, you see a bunch of random faces on the screen. Any normal person wouldn’t know where to go, who to watch, what channels to subscribe to, etc. For YouTube lovers, it’s a little different. We have a list of the most important people (who we are subscribed to, of course) on the left side of the screen. Those people may just be people who upload silly videos to a website to anyone else. However, those people who upload videos mean the world to some.

A YouTuber’s job is to entertain. To their subscribers, they have a different job. To the people who religiously watch their videos, they are much more than just a face on a screen. They mean so much to all these people they have never met. This might seem like a strange relationship, that a random person from a random place uploads a video to the internet and suddenly they have so many people who love them from everywhere around the world, right? That’s the beauty of YouTube. These people are so much more than people because they do so much for us without realizing it.

They give us a place to escape. When the stress of exams or work gets too much, YouTubers are always there with plenty of video content to distract you from all of your problems. They are almost as effective as stress balls. When you’re watching a YouTube video from your list of subscriptions, it’s like you’re hanging out with one of your best friends. They relax you and allow you to see things the way they see them, which is (most of the time) better than being stuck with whatever was stressing you out.

They make you feel better by telling jokes and stories, making comedy skits, and sometimes even just showing you how their day went in their daily vlogs. They are more therapeutic than candles can be when you think about it.

They serve more purposes than just stress relieving and cheering you up as well. They can inform you on things you maybe have been wanting to try for a while. There are gameplay videos you could check out of that game you’ve been wanting for a while. You can always find beauty videos if you’re looking for new ways to do your hair/makeup. There are even YouTubers who talk about piercings and tattoos, so you can be prepared and know all the facts before getting one. Multiple education channels exist as well with almost any subject you can think of. If you need to know how to do something, what something is, or basically anything about anything, YouTube has a video for it.

Multiple YouTubers also like to get really personal and will tell you a bunch of facts about themselves with Q & A videos. Although most of them are usually full of more silly than serious questions, this sense of getting to know someone can feel like making a brand new friend. They can give you advice if you are struggling with something. And the most important part is that you won’t be alone. How could you ever be lonely with all these internet friends?

YouTubers also bring people together by giving them a common interest. For example, if someone meets a person who likes Jenna Marbles and Julien Solomita, then they can bond over both being part of the Dink Fam (what Jenna and Julien call their subscribers). These people who just upload silly videos onto a website have the power to bring people together from all over the world. They give people a sense of belonging. That is the best power to have, in my opinion.

So the next time you’re stressed out about something, having a bad day, or you just don’t know what to do to pass the time, find some YouTubers you like and fall down the YouTube rabbit hole. You won’t be disappointed, I promise. It’s more than just a website, it’s a family. A family that means so much to so many people all over the world. If that isn’t remarkable, what is?