15 Signs You're The Mom of The Group

15 Signs You're The Mom of The Group

Wine in hand, planner in front of you, takin' care of everyone.

908
15 Signs You're The Mom of The Group
Quotesgram

We all have a friend that's the “mom” of the group. The one that's there no matter what, and makes sure you feel okay, even if you're away from home. I've definitely been guilty of being that friend. Are you? Here are some easy ways to tell if you're the Mom of your group!

1. You're always asking people if they need anything.

Whether it's when they're sick or just having a bad day, you're the first one to whip up a meal or bring over a bottle of wine. When everyone comes to your house to hang out, you ask a dozen times if they need anything, like a refill or food.

2. Your purse holds everything that someone might ever need.

If you ask me for something, I can almost guarantee you that I have it in my purse. If I don't have the item, I have something that you can use in replace of it. Button pop loose? I carry a small sewing kit in my purse! Your purse is the group's very own store.

3. You’re always early.

This might just be how you are naturally. I get seriously stressed out if I'm late to a place, so if you're like me, this means you're the reliable one when it comes to restaurant reservations and saving seats in the movie theater!

4. You can remind people of their schedule like it’s your own.

On more than one occasion, you've reminded a friend that they had class, or they're running late to work or they have a place to be. Knowing schedules and remembering them is just normal to you.

5. You write everything down.

Post-it notes might be your best friend. I have some in my purse, my desk and I’m sure there might be some in my car. Like me, you write everything down all the time! You’d be lost without your planner and notes.

6. You'll take care of the drunk friend when everyone else goes missing.

No one likes to be there when people are throwing up or getting sloppy, but you’re the friend to count on when it comes to holding someone’s hair back or tucking them into bed after a rough night.

7. Friends come to you for advice.

Whether it's boy advice, life advice or they just don’t know what to wear — your friends know that they can come to you with anything and they know you'll try your hardest to help them.

8. After a night out, you text everyone to make sure they got home OK.

Whether your friend just popped by your house to get something, or you two went to a fancy dinner and parted ways; you'll ask them to text you when they get home. If you don’t hear from them in a normal amount of time, you call or text them to make sure they're home safe.

9. You tell all your best friends that you have to meet whoever they're "talking" to.

I think we're all protective of our friends, and when they find a new guy, of course, we have to meet them. Now our approval might not actually mean anything, but I want to at least know the guy.

10. Planning out your day and everyone else’s is like second nature.

Lord help me, I am a planner! And if you are too, you like to have your day planned from the time you get out of bed until you crash on the couch, with a glass of wine. Of course, Monday to Friday, it’s the normal 9 to 5 work day, but even on the weekends, you like to plan things out, including the days spent with your friends.

11. Your friends ask you the most random questions and you can answer them.

And they respond with, “How in the world did you know that?” I swear, this happens all the time. I even surprise myself with the things I know. But if you’re the mom of the group, trust me, the information you know is likely random in your friends' eyes.

12. Going to bed earlier than your roommates and friends is just normal.

Your bed is your happy place and calling it a night early is just nice and something you do often.

13. Your friends' parents have your number, just in case.

Of course they have your number. 'Cause Lord knows your friend isn’t going to answer her phone. Parents call you.

14. You keep all the random supplies in hand.

I swear, not only does my purse have random stuff in it, I have the most random supplies in my room. If you're the Mom, cleaning supplies, beauty supplies or anything else, you probably have it.

15. You’ve been called the mom of the group numerous times.

One or two (or all!) of your friends has called you mom. And guess what? You’re proud of that!

So being the mom isn’t a bad thing at all! Take pride in it.