Your Social Media Presence, Based On Your Zodiac Sign

Ever wondered how people view your social media? The stars may have an answer to that.

6307
Dunya

Social media users possess shared characteristics when it involves our online presence. In some shape or form, our behavior on social media is reflective of who we are in the public eye. Yet it seems these traits are also relative to our zodiac characteristics. Have you ever wondered how others perceive your social media profile? The stars may have an answer for you.

Remember that the general interpretations of your characteristics are not definite to your sign. Your birth chart is unique in relation to the time, year, and place you were born. What you read below can be integrative to your sun sign, and it's definitely important to consider your Midheaven and Rising signs to better understand your own behavior.

To calculate your birth chart to clear any inconsistencies in your general interpretation below, go here.

Disclaimer: If you are not much of a social media user, you will have a difficult time relating to any of these. I did not take into account the zodiac personalities who don't use/rarely use social media.

Aries (March 21st-April 19th): “My social media profile is the pixel version of my trophy case.”

“Trophy” for an Aries means literally anything you are proud of or that you see is a reward in your life. This can mean your literal trophies, victories, lover, best friend, and for some, your child! You go through waves where you actually check and post on social media. Basically, if an Aries did something they see as remarkable, count on them being online for a few days. Your higher standards do limit you from posting the details of your life. But... your achievements and life overall are quite impressive and empowering. So people still love your profile anyways.

You review your friends, their mommas, their friends' mommas, and an article they share about how you can invest more into your love life. You actually reply to some people who think you’re “sketch”— “grinding” is a more suiting adjective. Ugh, so you also stay off social media so you aren’t distracted from the leadership positions or devotion to your scholastic, athletic, or artistic talent. You go back and forth because you can’t focus on one thing at a time when you want the time to do all. Then sometimes social media is out of the picture overall.... until you accomplished something else worth posting about.

With Aries, it’s honestly as unpredictable as your life.

Taurus (April 20th-May 20th): “.... but first, let me take a selfie."

The funniest thing about you, Taurus, is that your social media presence is actually pretty darn good. Your profile isn't ever overbearing, but you want it to reveal you. People enjoy you on social media because you have something different to offer — which most Tauruses see being called “different” as the ultimate compliment. It's also common to see people of your sign post selfies when you're feelin' yourself. Whether it is photography, artsy, or high-quality pictures, you definitely have it going on, Taurus. Your life comes off as exciting... even if that field you took a picture in was actually your backyard.

So yeah, you want people to take a double take of your Insta or Twitter in the online scene.... but not in person. You're reserved by nature with an outgoing side you try masking at times. You may even be somewhat selective of your posting. Even as a less avid social media user you still hold some image for yourself. Away from the phone screen and in reality, however, you are probably in your sweats, hair unwashed for two days, head down... praying to God no one notices you.

... But aside from that, you'll go and do something productive... for the 'gram.

Gemini (May 21st-June 20th): “My profile is a Guess Who board game... but instead it's my multiple personalities."

The struggle, Gemini. You’re actually really confusing because on one hand, your social media is on fire. Artsy pics are a must because, like, no one can have a page that looks like yours. Something about how much you confuse yet fascinate people just makes you tick. You must have good quality pictures and posts that show your artsy, intellectual, and/or social sides, depending on which one Gemini feels like that day. And perhaps you try finding a way to incorporate all 5 sides of you, depending on which Gemini you are. (This is a sign that requires an understanding of an individual's birth chart because their complex mind applies different traits.)

And of course, many struggle understanding you because you are a rebel by logic. As the conductor of the hot mess express, your social media profile is one of the first pit stops. Unless you randomly decide the reserved side of Gemini should rarely ever post because you’re too MIA to even care. Meanwhile, you stay somewhat updated (maybe every 3 to 6 months) on pictures of you up so when people try to online stalk you, they have at least something to look at.

Guess who?! Rebellious Gemini? Cuffed Gemini (the wild card)? No Gemini? The world may never know.

Cancer (June 21st-July 22nd): “...... and these are the things I love!!! <3”

Cancer, either you have a bangin’ social media presence or you use your page as your personal diary post. If any sign is all about the exclamation points, it is you. The artsy, adventurous Cancer who is setting out in the world to conquer negativity through their overwhelming love? Promoting their passion? Or the Cancer who travels to new places probably because you have a bae of some shape or form there.... or because you serve others and/or have a cause to promote? What about that picture of you with an elephant in Africa when you went on your third mission trip? Now that is definitely something worth seeing. Stalkable profile rating equals a solid 8 to 9.

Or if you’re the more reserved Cancer, you probably have little care for your social media presence — as long as the people you love can keep up. Your page? Relationships. Parent bonding. A selfie with your new dog... or cat. Memes. Besties. Babies... your ex from 5 years ago that you’re not over but your current boo thang doesn’t have to know. Chances are, if you’re this Cancer, you have a problem of letting go... to include that picture from 2011 with the Delia’s pun T-shirt.

You probably look at your own social media page than other people do... you know, for old times sake.

Leo (July 23rd-August 22nd): “I've made my page to where you can openly stalk my crazy beautiful life..... all likes are welcome here.”

Remember how celebrities greeted us on MTV cribs? “Hi, I’m Leo, and welcome to my social media pad.” Social media isn’t your diary— it is your own reality TV for the world to see. Which is why your page is on public.... or on private but you probably accept almost anyone that requests anyways. When people see your profile, it definitely puts the “extra” in “extroverted”— usually in a good way. In other words, Leo, a good social media presence for you is when you be yourself— which really isn’t hard for you, at all.

People gravitate towards you and your page, and in turn, you find many admiring you. You post daily and understand social networking quite well. And yes, social media is probably a second career for you. You post for a number of reasons that many may not post for. When you do post, it’s something you know will get you the number of ‘likes’ and engagement it deserves. Even as a more reserved Leo, you may be all about motivational posts about faith, love, and passion. You may see countless pictures of a specific person, thing, or concept that you love since you are so passionate about what you do. It's rare to see a Leo who doesn't at least kind of enjoy social media-- after all, you are the social butterfly of the zodiac!

Basically, you wear your heart on your sleeve... and social media profiles.

Virgo (August 23rd-September 22nd): “I spent way too much time debating whether or not I should post this.”

How many times did you change that filter, Virgo? How long did you spend on your caption? Your overthinking does you both justice and injustice with your social media presence. Since you are more prone to social anxiety, you think through what you post and how people will view you for it. On one hand, you may have a rather lively profile. When you’re in the right mindset to express your creativity and artsy side, your followers dig it. Your detailed nature allows you to make a good presence.

Most Virgos find social media as a tool to reveal more about them to people — as you can be reserved more often than not in everyday life. Either your earthly element brings out your weird side, or your overthinking limits you to simplicity. You try cooking up a witty caption but your overthinking spoils your creative juices so you just go with something straightforward... yet must have a minimum of two emojis. If your overthinking really catches your tongue, these juices can potentially projectile word vomit into the post box with everything you previously just contemplated. Then there’s Virgos who just, like, never post because they can no longer handle the torture of the unknown thought of their followers.

Either way, Virgo, just post what you want already. People like you... stop overthinking it!

Libra (September 23rd-October 22nd): "I literally get out of the house twice a week at max, so what you see is what you get.”

Libra, you are one who cares about image, but you’re also one who is too freakin’ lazy to really build a social media presence. You’re likely rejuvenating from the social exhaustion that stupid people gave you, and social media only enhances this.... at times. You either stay off for a few days and worry 'bout ya own self. You may be the Libra who wants to post something, but that would require you leaving your bed and taking off your t-shirt covered with Nutella tracings just to go initiate social interaction that you really could care less for.

Luckily for you, Libra, this doesn’t hurt your social media presence because you do have a night or two out of the week where you do want to be social or where you participate in something worth posting about. You are usually well-liked and physically put together when you do make your appearance — which is why you don’t have to try and impress. You just do. You like that balance of “I’m socially relevant” and “What you see is what you get because I ain’t got time for all that.”

Well, what we see — we likey, Libra.

Scorpio (October 23rd-November 21st): “My BAEs!!!”

BAE for Scorpio is more than lovers and friends, “before anyone else” also means your family, career, and other passions you dabble into. Your emotional energy is built mostly on love, and much like Cancer you really only post about things you love. Yes, it’s likely you’re a regular poster because you enjoy sharing the love you feel from the blessings in your life. The same two friends, your relationship, family, and the next advancements you’ve made in life — since we all know, and sometimes fear, the badassery of a Scorpio.

But for more reserved Scorpios, BAE also means these “before anyone else’s” come before your social media. You forget to post a lot, or you just don’t have time or energy to. Plus, your intuition ringing in you gives you an irritating and drained feeling because you can just sense how fake these people and their posts are. Gag. For some this means your social media is the BAE — you be feelin’ yourself, posting your fine selfies, and telling the world about what is on your heart for the day.

You basically hate to love yet love to hate social media.

Sagittarius (November 22nd-December 21st): “My page exuberates adventure... and instability.”

Another flight, another sight — Sagittarius in a nutshell because your life is just entertaining and always on the move. That’s what life is about for you — except that you really aren’t that concerned with your social media. Actually, you get in these moods where you don’t mind your ego being fed with the pure enjoyment people get from your posts. That’s honestly what your social media is for you — living, breathing Canon-quality proof that your life is a joke. An enjoyable, lighthearted one at that. But it’s okay... that’s why people love you!

It gets better — you know those random relationships you jump into or places you move to because, well, you really don’t know? Please tell us how many times you’ve posted about them... all to decide that you’re ready to change your life again. If you’re a more reserved or developed Sag, then you just give up on posting much because you can barely keep up with yourself. The only thing that holds any stability or consistency is when you post family or sports pictures because hey, that’s the only thing that doesn’t change for you... usually.

... But it works for you, so do you.

Capricorn (December 22nd-January 19th): “Sorry... I promise I’m cooler in person.”

You’re an old soul, Capricorn. You don’t have any social media front whatsoever because you see it as unnecessary. Rather than a front, it’s more of the fact that you’re a lot cooler in person than your media entails. While your fellow earth signs like to make their profiles reveal more about themselves, you don’t. You know you can’t control what people think of you, but you sure can control your social media — which in the modern world is essentially the same thing.

But... this isn’t to say your presence sucks. As a matter of fact, your detailed and structured personality drives you to keep your profile neat and clean — just like your self-perfected life. You show the highlights, best pictures, achievements, and those who are close to you. You don’t care about what others think, and more often than not you could care less about the likes on your post. Which is why you usually get a decent or large amount — you don’t try hard or do you care to.

Let’s just call your social media a “sneak peek” into your life.

Aquarius (January 20th-February 18th): “I have 99 problems... and social media ain’t one.”

How is your life holding up right now, Aquarius? How many problems and responsibilities have you been running from that has only hoarded more stress onto you? You, the water bearer, splashes your water on all other areas than your social media because let’s face it — you have 99 problems that your social media should not be involved in.

You’ll like people’s pictures (if you even do that) all day, yet you can’t allow anyone to know that, God forbid, your very convincing "I totally have it together” image is a cover-up for the slop show you like to call your life. You barely know what’s going on in front of you — let alone should people know more about you than you do. Rebellious Aquarius will not stand for this, so you just post a good picture with some artistic or decent quality highlighting some positive aspect of your life.

But little do they know, Aquarius...

Pisces (February 19th-March 20th): “Weirdness isn’t just my aesthetic; it is my soul.”

Oh, Pisces. Life is your beautifully messy canvas, and so is your social media profile. It's rare to see those born under your sign not have at least some artistic element to their personality, whether or not you choose to show it. One thing about your sign is that you don't prefer using words to send a message to your followers, you use pictures. On one hand, you likely post about those you love and the adventures that you hold with them. This side of you doesn't try to be artsy necessarily, but it does reveal your weirdness that you are shameless about. Yes, it's likely you have a good phone camera or a Canon because you appreciate quality. Meanwhile, a more reserved Pisces may resemble a Cancer with their profile.

On the other hand, it's common to see your sign have an artsy profile... perhaps to the point where people have no clue what kind of presence you're trying to promote. You're the creative powerhouse of the zodiac, so you see beauty in the simple things that others overlook. Perhaps you post a selfie wrapped in your Eno... with the Perpetua Insta filter... captioning, "My soul is an unborn butterfly... a caterpillar longing to be set free in this basic world." Or if you're the Pisces who isn't into selfies, you'll just post objects you see as artistically valuable and slap a filter that is vintage... so fetch.

Either way, Pisces get famous for their weirdness... so we can't really knock it.