11 Things High School Students Care About That Do Not Matter To College Students

Your Not In High School Any More

931
Courtney Carl

Open your eyes. You are not in high school any more, so stop acting like you are. College is called "college" because it is not high school. College is a whole different world. As a college student, you are taking your first steps into the world of being an adult.

In college no one cares. I don't say that to be harsh, but for real, in college, no one cares.

1. No one cares if you have the newest and coolest name brand clothes. Chances are that all your friends got their clothes at the nearest thrift shop. College students are cheap and they do not go out and buy the hottest brand names.

2. No one cares about how much money you have or don't have in your bank account. The chances are they are probably a broke college kid just like you. In college everyone is struggling to survive and you just have to make the best of it.

3. No one cares if you are popular or how many friends you have. College is a place to branch out and meet people you would not have even talked to in high school. In college, people want to broaden their horizons.

4. No on cares how many "likes" you get on Instagram, so stop building your image off of that. Instagram "likes" are something my high school brother cares about. Key word, "high school" brother.

5. No one cares how hard or advanced your class is. In college, everyone is taking hard classes. Every college student is there to build a life and a future by receiving a degree.

6. No one cares how cute the guy you have been talking to is. College is a time to find yourself, not your future spouse. Yes, that may happen while you are in college, but no one wants to hear you talk about that person all the time. Go discover who you are.

7. No one cares if you go some place alone. You do not need a caravan of buddies to go get bread at the grocery store. College is a time to be independent.

8. No one cares how rude or stuck up that girl is or how nasty the look she just gave you was. Your little girl drama might have mattered in your high school, but it does not matter now. Just be nice to people.

9. No one cares about the freshman 15. You will either get it or you won't. If you are gaining it, the girl sitting next to you in your biology class probably got it too.

11. No one cares how cute you look for your 8 a.m. class. In college, no one cares if you look like you have not showered in a month. Chances are that if you look like that you will probably fit right in with the rest of campus.

The point is that the petty little things you think matter, do not matter at all. This is a time to be yourself and find who you are. It is college, after all.