Your National FFA Convention To- Do List

The National FFA Convention & Expo is undoubtedly the greatest four days of the year and with so much to do in so little time, it's easy to be overwhelmed! Here are nine things to consider adding to your schedule this week!

83
FFA Pulse

The best week of the year has finally arrived! Wednesday kicks off the 89th National FFA Convention & Expo for over 64,000 FFA members, advisors, and guests in Indianapolis, Indiana! Whether it’s your first National Convention experience or you’ve been to more than you can count, it’s still always an overwhelming and exciting week packed with fun, learning, and FFA!! Not sure how to make the most of your week? Here are just a few suggestions!

1. Hit up the FFA Shopping Mall

If you’re an FFA addict like me, be sure to take a friend with you to hold you back from buying it all!

2. Explore the National FFA Expo

I could name all of the exhibitors but since there are over 400, I might not… To sum it up, imagine hundreds of agricultural businesses, schools, and organizations with displays, activities, giveaways, and so much more! If you have free time be sure to head to the Expo, and be ready to carry home lots of free stuff!

3. Compete in a Career Development Event

If you earned the chance to compete in a CDE this week, congratulations! Do your best and have lots of fun!

4. Participate in a workshop

Throughout the week there are lots of awesome workshops offered to FFA members including; -U.S. Army Food Science Careers: Food for the Force-, -Inspire Others. Make a Difference. Be a Role Model. #TeachAg-, and -The Art of Telling Our Story: Agricultural Advocacy-. Don’t miss out on these great leadership development opportunities!

5. Go to the sessions

The nine general sessions that happen during National Convention are packed full of awards and recognitions, amazing speakers like the National FFA Officers and celebrity keynote speakers, and plenty of jammin music, videos, and light shows!! While I can guarantee that the sessions will be top notch, I'm convinced that nothing will ever beat the #TeamBoyband Session Welcome in 2014. If you weren't able to make it that year, watch it now and have your life changed, forever.

6. Attend the concert or rodeo

Chris Young, Cole Swindell, and the Henningsens plus thousands of FFA members? Sounds like a good night to me! The World’s Toughest Rodeo? Sign me up… to watch!

7. Meet FFA members from across the country

Don’t forget, National Convention is a great place to make friends, over 60,000 if you want! Be sure to get your guidebook signed by a member from every state!!

8. Watch the National FFA Talent Competition

There are some incredibly talented young men and women in FFA that you should be sure to check out! Who knows, the guy next to you in line for a t-shirt could be the next Easton Corbin, Brantley Gilbert, or Tim McGraw (all three were in FFA)!

9. Explore Indianapolis

After three years in Louisville, National Convention is back in Indianapolis! Check out all that Indy has to offer but be sure to check in with your Advisor before going too far!

There are so many other great ways to get involved this week, don't miss out on any of them! And always remember to travel safely and be respectful! See you in Indy!!