Why Your Name Is Important

Why Your Name Is Important

Your name matters!

38155
Why Your Name Is Important
http://weknowyourdreams.com/people.html

Your name is the main thing people ask for when they meet you. It is the most important means by which someone can identify and refer to you.

First it is important to understand the value of your name. I can confidently say that most, if not all, names have significance. My name comes from the Greeks and it means defender of man. I take pride in having such a strong name and wonder everyday why it was chosen for me. My parents say they just like the name but how much of it do I embody? I want to know if I will grow up to fulfill the meaning of my name or simply live with it. How important is your name in your life? Here are a few ways to truly reflect and feel more connected to your name:

1. Do research!

Many people love their name and get angry when someone mispronounces and misspells it, but how can you feel that way without even knowing what your name means? It is important that you understand that meaning is the definition of initially obsolete words. By comprehending it, you can start to better understand your name; maybe you will soon start to notice some similarities between it and your characteristics.

2. Ask your parents about the name they gave you.

It may seem like an odd question to ask, and most parents will probably say that they just like that name, but they might also have deep and emotional reasons. Parents could have a family who embodied the characteristics that they want you to subsequently hold. Some actually decide based on research, while others name you something so unique that you describe its importance. Parents will usually name you purposefully.

3. Look up historical individuals with your name.

A task as simple as reading about a great historical figure with your name can be extremely beneficial. Reading about all the work that people with your name have done can help you be proud of your name and even fathom why you were named that.

4. Imagine yourself with another name.

Imagining yourself with another name will seem weird; it might feel wrong. I have pictured myself being named something else, and I honestly do not like that idea. It can still outline how essential your name is to your identity. You may realize that both your name is an extension of you and you are a part of it. Similar to cringing at the idea of possessing another name, I am sure that other friends will do the same.

Truly reflect on your name. Your name is powerful and it will be with you forever.