Just a quaint little sampling of the songs that I torture my entire family with for the month of December because I can. Sorry, fam. But if you’re interested, here are my favorites. Great for casual holiday parties or themed baking extravaganzas. Play it for you dog, your nephew, play it while you’re alone stuffing your face with leftover sugar cookies. Whatever floats your boat.
Here's the Spotify link for your convenience :)
1. "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" – Either Frank Sinatra or Judy Garland.
I just can’t choose a favorite. It’s like picking a favorite child.
2. "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!" – Frank Sinatra
Why does he have to write it three times? I don't know but I love it.
3. "The Christmas Song" – Nat King Cole
Honestly, have you ever roasted chestnuts on an open fire? Me either... sounds dangerous.
4. "Dance Of the Sugar Plum Fairy" – Pentatonix
A Capella makes everything more exciting.
5. "Linus and Lucy" – Vince Guaraldi Trio
*Whah Wah wah wah Wahnt wanh wah*
6. "Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree" – Brenda Lee
Let's bring back sock hops.
7. "Sleigh Ride" – The Ronettes
The horse clomping in the beginning makes it.
8. "Underneath the Tree" – Kelly Clarkson
Don't judge me.
9. "Feliz Navidad" – Jose Feliciano
You should really make the effort to actually learn the lyrics. Please.
10. "Santa Clause is Comin’ to Town" – Bruce Springsteen
God bless the 80's and Springsteen blue jeans
11. "Silver Bells" – Bing Crosby, Carol Richards
Shout out to Grandma's favorite Christmas song
12. "Blue Christmas" – Elvis Presley
When you're feeling a little bluesy
13. "Auld Lang Syne" – Bing Crosby
Shout out to Grampa's favorite Holiday song.
14. "The 12 Days of Christmas" – Straight No Chaser
The only holiday song ft. a Toto excerpt
15. "It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" – Andy Williams
Is it? Is it really?
16. "White Christmas" – The Drifters, Clyde McPhatterson, Bill Pickney
Home Alone represent
17. "All I Want for Christmas is You" – Mariah Carey
HIT THOSE WHISTLE NOTES GIRL
18. "Little Saint Nick" – The Beach Boys
If you get to spend your Christmas on the beach. (... P.S. I hate you)
19. "Little Drummer Boy" - Pentatonix
Can't go wrong with PTX
20. "White Winter Hymnal" – Pentatonix
You'll never get this out of your head.
21. "Run Rudolf Run" – Chuck Berry
RUN RUDOLF RUN- @ Forrest Gump
22. "Christmas Wrapping" – The Waitresses
Hands down, most relatable Christmas song ever. Personally, this is the song my mom and I will jam out to on repeat for hours during the holiday season.